shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought prescription eyeglasses on line? and advice needed.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need new glasses and have a new prescription. Shopped at three different optical shops ( Four Eyes, VisionWorks and Lens Crafters). I don’t mind paying $100-150 for frames but the lenses are around $500-600-800. I have progressives with basically a -3.0 and do not need reading correction. But the added cost of anti glare, anti scratch and blue something computer related really jacks up this already overpriced discs of plastic ( lenses)Even when theyprice check the glasses with and without insurance I am looking at around $800 for one pair with store special sale the second pair is about $150-180 additional. So have been checking on line sites and it seems I can get glasses for around $200-300 all in with best lenses. But I have to measure my eyes for pupillary distance to add to my new prescription. So has anyone done this? Was it hard to measure pupils? We’re the glasses good? Some on line,places seemed more pricey ( Frames direct) versus Venni ( sp?).

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoops. Hit send before done. Any help and advice is most appreciated. Thanks.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Try Warby Parker! Got glasses for my son there.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I’ve ordered backup glasses for my girls from Zenni optical and didn’t have any problem. If I remember correctly their PD was on their prescription

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with @lulu_ma! They’re cheap cost wise but good quality so I was actually able to order 4 different frames to switch around depending on my mood and clothes. Haha, only thing for me is that because they’re so cheap I keep wanting to buy more and more.

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
There are several apps you can download that use your phone’s camera to measure your pupillary distance (if PD isn’t on your prescription)! I just went through this.

I used two different apps to make sure they came up with the same reading.

Ordered from ezcontacts.com, and very happy with the glasses, the lens quality etc. And of course the saving!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love WP and we get all our glasses there. Fantastic Customer Service and good quality and great price.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @lulu_ma! They’re cheap cost wise but good quality so I was actually able to order 4 different frames to switch around depending on my mood and clothes. Haha, only thing for me is that because they’re so cheap I keep wanting to buy more and more.

Haha I keep buying glasses there. Sunglasses and regular glasses. It is addicting for the price and variety. :lol: Help.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Zenni rocks and is cheap. I've had good luck at eyeglasses direct and lensesrx too. Best and favorite glasses for reasonable money has been Costco. Nice lenses and a careful measurement of your eyes. I wear progressives too.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I keep buying glasses there. Sunglasses and regular glasses. It is addicting for the price and variety. :lol: Help.

I know, whenever I go in their physical locations, I’m like a kid in a candy store!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, whenever I go in their physical locations, I’m like a kid in a candy store!

And it doesn't help having Greg say get them all. LOLOL He is my biggest enabler. Eyeglasses, boots, bling, you name it. Greg the Enabler. :lol:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
And it doesn't help having Greg say get them all. LOLOL He is my biggest enabler. Eyeglasses, boots, bling, you name it. Greg the Enabler. :lol:

Can I be adopted?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Sure! The more PSers the merrier...
Of course he may never be able to retire. :lol:

I’m willing to live with that. It'll be a great sacrifice on my part but I’ll do it for the greater good. :saint:

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I love Warby Parker. Loved the try on at home option they offer to find the perfect pair.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results