shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought a loose stone from mydiamondzone on ebay?

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I'm looking for an antique stone and found 2 or 3 that i'm very interested in on ebay in a store called 'mydiamondzone'. The stones look beautiful, are EGL or GIA graded and the prices are very competitive. Has anyone bought from this vendor before? I've read of some issues with flimsy settings, but that won't be a problem since i'm looking at loose stones. There are some great stones, but I'm hoping some pricescopers can reassure me about buying from ebay, or give me a review of their experience with them!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Has anyone bought a loose stone from mydiamondzone on eb

I bought an inexpensive band from them and found them to be very professional. However, buying a loose stone is another kettle of fish. Hopefully, someone else can chime in with their experience.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have not bought a loose diamond, rather 2 rings (a yellow sapphire baguette and diamond stacker and a 5 stone diamond ring) and really found Ilya a joy to deal with! He's very professional, easy to get along with, very open and honest with what the product is. I liked him.

I was in their store in Chicago last April along with some other PSers (Jax, Woofmama, Rosebloom and Dee*Jay) and we had a fabulous time seeing all their rings and trying them on - very nice quality! We also had the opportunity to see some loose stones. As with any loose stone OEC/OMC purchase - you need multiple pics and good eye for selecting the right stone for you. I would suggest calling Ilya directly, speaking w him, talking over the stone(s) you are interested and asking for more pics in all a variety of lighting and angles. Then you'll feel more comfortable if it is worth shipping the diamond to you to view in person. Nothing replaces an IRL inspection by your own eyes!!

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock

yennyfire|1375362640|3494438 said:
I bought an inexpensive band from them and found them to be very professional. However, buying a loose stone is another kettle of fish. Hopefully, someone else can chime in with their experience.

Great! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with them :)

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock

Enerchi|1375363004|3494440 said:
I have not bought a loose diamond, rather 2 rings (a yellow sapphire baguette and diamond stacker and a 5 stone diamond ring) and really found Ilya a joy to deal with! He's very professional, easy to get along with, very open and honest with what the product is. I liked him.

I was in their store in Chicago last April along with some other PSers (Jax, Woofmama, Rosebloom and Dee*Jay) and we had a fabulous time seeing all their rings and trying them on - very nice quality! We also had the opportunity to see some loose stones. As with any loose stone OEC/OMC purchase - you need multiple pics and good eye for selecting the right stone for you. I would suggest calling Ilya directly, speaking w him, talking over the stone(s) you are interested and asking for more pics in all a variety of lighting and angles. Then you'll feel more comfortable if it is worth shipping the diamond to you to view in person. Nothing replaces an IRL inspection by your own eyes!!

I absolutely agree - the stones I'm interested in I am happy with (at first blush) their stats and facet pattern, but I will certainly contact them and inquire about additional photos/video etc and their return policy. It's great to hear about their B&M store, I'm so glad you've enjoyed your purchases from them.

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock

I was in their store in Chicago last April along with some other PSers (Jax, Woofmama, Rosebloom and Dee*Jay)

What is the name of the store?

charleston1

Shiny_Rock

I bought my diamond studs from them and technically they were loose stones as I chose the setting (all before seeing them). Originally I saw other studs on their website, contacted Ilya then through email he also gave other alternatives and I decided to go larger than originally I intended. The photos he sent me were not good at all, but I took a chance. When they arrived, I was thrilled! They are very, VERY lively, I cannot see anything even with the loupe (but I am not as experienced as many pricescopers. When taking photos I found the stud earrings absolutely the most difficult to photograph.

They are probably my best "deal" ever. I wear them every single day. Below is my thread on the earrings. In person, I have to say they look much better. Sorry I don't have the photos on this computer so I can only post the link to the thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-1-14-ctw-earrings.190941/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-1-14-ctw-earrings.190941/[/URL]

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Chicago Girl|1375394051|3494820 said:
I was in their store in Chicago last April along with some other PSers (Jax, Woofmama, Rosebloom and Dee*Jay)

Diamond Zone. 5 S Wabash in the Jewelers building.

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock

charleston1|1375395770|3494840 said:
I bought my diamond studs from them and technically they were loose stones as I chose the setting (all before seeing them). Originally I saw other studs on their website, contacted Ilya then through email he also gave other alternatives and I decided to go larger than originally I intended. The photos he sent me were not good at all, but I took a chance. When they arrived, I was thrilled! They are very, VERY lively, I cannot see anything even with the loupe (but I am not as experienced as many pricescopers. When taking photos I found the stud earrings absolutely the most difficult to photograph.

They are probably my best "deal" ever. I wear them every single day. Below is my thread on the earrings. In person, I have to say they look much better. Sorry I don't have the photos on this computer so I can only post the link to the thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-1-14-ctw-earrings.190941/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-1-14-ctw-earrings.190941/[/URL]

Wow, beautiful studs! I'm so glad to hear about your experience dealing with them - I'm feeling much more comfortable about this potential purchase! I love that you got OECs - the stones I'm interested are old cuts too.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I'm one of the PS crew who went on a field trip there. Ilya was wonderful, accommodating and had quite a few loose antique stones for us to view. I bought an antique art deco three stone ring and felt the price was extremely fair. If I were in the market for a loose oec I would definitely check their inventory. Very nice company to do business with.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-zone-rolls-out-the-red-carpet.188362/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-zone-rolls-out-the-red-carpet.188362/[/URL]

The thread! Very fun outing :appl:

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock

woofmama|1375411938|3494997 said:
I'm one of the PS crew who went on a field trip there. Ilya was wonderful, accommodating and had quite a few loose antique stones for us to view. I bought an antique art deco three stone ring and felt the price was extremely fair. If I were in the market for a loose oec I would definitely check their inventory. Very nice company to do business with.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-zone-rolls-out-the-red-carpet.188362/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-zone-rolls-out-the-red-carpet.188362/[/URL]

The thread! Very fun outing :appl:

Oh that's fantastic! Thank you so much for the information and for linking the thread :)

Chicago Girl

Shiny_Rock

Written by Chicago Girl » 01 Aug 2013 15:54:

Diamond Zone. 5 S Wabash in the Jewelers building.

Thanks so much. I live in Chicago so I will have to check them out sometime. I have a modern cut cushion as an e-ring which I love, but more and more I am finding myself drawn to the antique cuts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results