shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anybody read

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Has anybody read "Purpose Driven Life" ?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Guess not :)

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
I''ve not read it,but I did come across the journal that accompanies the book as I was hunting around in Target today. Have you read the book?

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Bits & pieces Ice, never straight through. Last summer our church held classes throughout a 40 day period, including periods of fasting. I didn't get to participate because I was buried in construction and barely remembered to use the bathroom last year.
14.gif
But if they every do it again, I'm going. It's a great basic study.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock

We are going through that too. I told them in our discussion group that I skipped the chapter on Fasting and scarifying :) It got a laugh.

Its interesting. Perfection is a hard road.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think Im better then anybody. God has humled me to my knees. Its only through his grace that I have accomplished what I have done. So, many things have falling into line that can not be explained. Some call it blind luck, others hard work. I wake up in the morning to a beautiful sunrise over the valley that I overlook from my house and thank God everytime for giving me another day :)

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Our church finished it recently. Each Home Group did it. Both my sisters and my parents churches have too. We all did teh 40 day event. If you saw the guy in Atlanta who went on a rampage and killed several in the court including the judge, the woman he took hostage talked to him about the book. It's pretty powerful and so easy to read. We, including our two college aged sons are believers. After all is said and done, it's not really about us.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I''m reading it now. So far it seems like a book with a lot of good advice.

I got to about chapter 6 or 7 before I ran into something that was a little too fundamentalist for me.

It''s when the guy is discussing Noah and he says that before Noah no humans had seen rain. Because it says that in the garden of Eden that the plants were watered by streams that came up from the ground and the first time rain is mentioned is in the story of Noah. I don''t think the Bible is trying to present itself as a comprehensive history that includes every rainstorm in Biblical times so he almost lost me with that one.

But I decided to press on and I hope to benefit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results