shape
carat
color
clarity

HARRY WINSTON OR TIFFANY???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sbear

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We are ready to buy the e-ring but cannot decide whether to get from Harry Winston or Tiffany.
What would you chose?

If we go with HW, we''re getting a radiant cut with baguettes on the sides. We like the Lucida
from Tiffany.

Prices are about the same, we just cannot decide!! Any help/advice you can provide we''d really appreciate it!

THANK YOU!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the prices are about the same, it really boils down to personal preference. They are two different rings with two different looks so no one can really decide what the two of you may like.

Are you leaning more favorably toward one or the other?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
If it were me I would go with the HW because that is my preferance. Neither is a wrong choice.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
personally I''d rather have Harry Winston, I think Tiffany engagement rings are fairly common, but less people have a Harry Winston

sbear

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys so much for your responses. Like some of you said, tiffany is
more common and that''s what bothered me a little. I like it that HW is more
exclusive and that they negotiate with you. Unlike tiffany, I heard that employees
don''t get discounts neither! so sad.

We are still deciding because they are very different looks. HW comes with the
baguettes and the Lucida is simply elegant and classy. hmmm... such a tough decision
to make. should we toss a coin??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the lucida. but I''ve been a sucker for that ring ever since I saw the movie Sweet Home Alabama and Reese Witherspoon''s character wears it.

and I do believe Tiffany employees do get some type of discount. they many not get discounts on everything but they do get a nice one on an e-ring purchase.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a pic of the HW? I know the Lucida and love it, but would love to see the HW... HW is more prestigious, less common. But am a Tiffany girl myslef, so there ya go.... Not helping much am I...
5.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I agree, photos would probably help. Though I am definitely more of an HW fan. Just opening the BOX would three a thrill!
9.gif

sbear

Rough_Rock
ok, here''s a pic of it

My HW.jpg

DrDiamondsGG

Rough_Rock
Well, as far as the particular retailer is concerned, I''ll put my personal preference to the side. If you are definitely between the two rings, I suggest selecting the radiant-cut diamond from HW. The Lucida certainly is a nice stone, but the cut is problematic to me. I just don''t see the need to have a diamond that is so deep. The carat weight is being shifted from the girdle outline to the pavilion, and that means you get less apparent size for the per-carat price. Now that I said that, HW is my personal preference anyways! Good luck!

GMK83

Rough_Rock
HW I love the claw prongs

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a snap judgment, I would choose Harry Winston (this coming from a woman with a Tiff wedding band).

The two rings you're considering are quite different. I'd venture to guess that if they're both equal in your mind, then neither is "the one." I know that was true for me, for both the engagement ring and wedding band. For both decisions, I hemmed and hawed between a few choices, until I found the piece that was IT - then there was no question which I wanted.

sbear

Rough_Rock
thank you guys so much for your inputs. you guys don''t know how much you''re helping!

musey:
you are absolutely right about neither of those are "the one."
I totally agree with you. The ones we both love are too expensive!!
and so we narrowed it down according to the budget. I love the HW
brand more but we''re liking the look of the Lucida a little bit more
after seeing it again today. It''s SO hard! We also talked about
getting a lose stone locally and send it to Leon Mege. What do you
guys think?? We are going crazy!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Undoubtedly HW for me!
16.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 12:39:07 AM
Author: sbear
ok, here's a pic of it
Since you asked, I like this one better than the Lucida and better than the idea of getting a loose stone for Leon Mege to set. This radiant cut is very beautiful and the double claw prongs are too. With all due respect, I don't think that you should flip a coin-- I think that you should get this one. Best wishes and please post pictures of your choice when you get it? Thanks for asking for our opinions!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 3:49:30 AM
Author: sbear
thank you guys so much for your inputs. you guys don''t know how much you''re helping!

musey:
you are absolutely right about neither of those are ''the one.''
I totally agree with you. The ones we both love are too expensive!!
and so we narrowed it down according to the budget. I love the HW
brand more but we''re liking the look of the Lucida a little bit more
after seeing it again today. It''s SO hard! We also talked about
getting a lose stone locally and send it to Leon Mege. What do you
guys think?? We are going crazy!!
I think you should go for it! There is NO REASON to spend thousands of $$$ for the name HW or Tiffany if you are not 110% IN LOVE with the ring! If what she loves is out of budget at the designer stores...well source a centerstone and send it off to Leon to work his magic!

he''ll be able to source the side stone and make the ring of her dreams!
I''d contact Jonathan at goodoldgold.com; Mark at ERD; that is if your looking for a cushion cut or a radient center stone. They are great and will find you a stone you wont belive!

After you source a centerstone, I''d contact Leon. He makes magic happen...but just an FYI I''ve heard rumor that he can be difficult to work with and he doesnt use ring boxes!
20.gif

If your wanting to go another route...Mark at ERD also does custom design...and they are beautifu too.

Can you describe her e-ring and her ideal centerstone size?

Again I repeat...there is NO REASON to pay for the HW or the Tiffany name if its not her dream ring. Esp. if you have the funds to get a center stone else where (online) for MUCH MUCH cheaper of the same/better quality and make her dream ring a reality!

But its up the two of yours decision. If you love the HW claw prongs, Leons claws are just as yummy!
18.gif

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I''d go for Harry Winston, I like the Tiffany Lucida, but I think it''s very common. The pic of the Harry Winston is also gorgeous, the claws look great :)

asforhim

Rough_Rock
HW, HW, HW, HW !!!!! I am a little biased, because i own one but it is amazing. I have a radiant (2.32 ct) set in the micro pave halo setting, so it is a little different ring. No picture will ever do a HW ring justice. The diamond is alive in every lighting condition. Strangers on the street stop me all the time to inquire about my ring... it''s amazing.

I was looking for the right ring for a long time and I tell you nothing compares to HW (I shopped tiffany, graff, cartier, chicago and NY jewelers rows)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take a radiant over a Lucida any day. I vote for HW.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
HW, for the win
10.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Normally I would say Harry Winston because I think their work is a little more refined, however in this case I'm going with Tiffany. You can get a stunning radiant and baguettes, set it in a Leon Mege setting and have the exact same look for less $$. The Lucida is patented, though, so it's not something you can find anywhere else. If you're going to be paying a premium, you may as well get something that can't be replicated.

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
to make things more complicated why don't I put a little kink in the works as I saw you say that neither were "the one". Why don't you go to whiteflash and design your dream ring, get a larger incredible cut stone, for a much lower cost, and then it will be "THE ONE". Sorry to confuse, but the one in my mind is always the way to go, and if it is custom made for you you don't have the 'common' tiffany (as stated earlier), and you have a one of a kind. Good luck in your search. However I do like the HW

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Leon!!! Same quality workmanship for less and you can get a bigger diamond! But out of the other two I would saw HW.

kjt

Rough_Rock
After seeing the ring, I''d go for the Harry Winston.

Have you considered going custom though, because I''m sure that Whiteflash or LM could make it look exactly the same for MUCH less. However, if cost is not an issue, I say go ahead and get it!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what IS your dream ring that you cannot afford - knowing that would help me hlep you.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Harry Winston, hands down!!

sbear

Rough_Rock
wow you guys, we really appreciate your time and your opinions!

We almost called HW to order the ring! but we have an appointment on
monday to look at lose diamonds and tiffany is getting more lucidas
for us to look at.

We love the craftsmanship of Leon but we are nervous ordering a
diamond online, how does that work? Do they send you the diamond
and then you have to send it to Leon? What if we don''t like the
diamond? How do we know if they''ll swap the diamond or not?
So these are our concerns and since we''ve never bought a diamond
online and don''t know anyone in our family or friends who have
done this, we thought it would be too stressful even though we
can get a bigger diamond and the same look of the HW.

Some of you asked what the dream ring is. Well, I think it''s
the BIGGER HW she tried on. The one pictured is a 1.35ct and the
1.56ct stood out more obviously. BUT more $$$$.

Here''s the thing, the 1.35ct HW is about the same price as a lower
clarity and lower color Lucida, can you believe that? The reason
why we''re so confused is because the look of the Lucida is growing
on us but then we''re getting a better diamond with HW. BUT THEN with
Leon, you get a bigger diamond, quality craftsmanship (which is very,
very important to her), just no name.

Can you see how confused we are?
I want to get over this process already. We had no idea it was going
to be this hard.
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results