shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Wedding Day TooPatient!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
We all hope you have a beautiful day!! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

Done with the ceremony. Great! Had a few mishaps, but amazing.

Heading to winery!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, TP! I've been following along on your journey but haven't had much time to post recently.

I hope dinner is delicious and you get some fabulous pictures tomorrow!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1382051587|3539744 said:
Congratulations, TP! I've been following along on your journey but haven't had much time to post recently.

This. Best wishes for both you and B!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1382051140|3539739 said:
Thanks!

Done with the ceremony. Great! Had a few mishaps, but amazing.

Heading to winery!
I can't wait to hear how everything went yesterday! :)) I hope you are enjoy the photos today!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much FUN!!!!

Okay...

Short version:

Choked on water at the mikvah.
Got lost on way to nail salon.
Ran into wonderful friend at salon (okay... so she actually planned it out and surprised me!!!) so that was great fun.
Got home 15 minutes after we needed to leave for ceremony. Loaded car in record time.
SHOWED UP LATE TO MY OWN WEDDING :-o
Found a group of 15 or so people (we didn't know were going to be there!) waiting for us -- Rabbi arranged them so we could do blessings under the chuppah!
Got into my dress with the help of friend -- when we were getting our nails done, she decided she HAD to come help me since I had no family attending and "A" refused to even zip my dress -- she is so awesome :appl: --- 10 minutes from sweats to wedding gown :bigsmile:
Beautiful ceremony! I had no idea where to stand or sit or anything but it was great!
Veil fell off mid-ceremony.
"B" was sniffling and smiling through the whole thing. Dabbing at his eyes and then taking my hand :love:
Out of dress. Back home. Car loaded for winery in under 20 minutes.
Lunch was hamburgers/fries in the car while I drove us all to winery.
2 hour drive took 3 hours due to traffic.
Another 10 minute sweats to dress change.
Missed appetizers.
Showed up 5 minutes before dinner serving.
Dinner absolutely amazing!
Our room beyond perfect! "A" loved having a room to herself and had never seen such nice room.
Huge bathtub for soaking.
Breakfast was wonderful -- we had mimosas as a special order surprise by friend.
Wine tasting was yummy -- "A" utterly bored.
Got changed a last time into tux & dress (this time 30 minutes to do it all even nicer) for pictures.
Cut the cake (OMG it was delicious!) with photographer and guests.
Group photos. Family photos. Photos around winery with "A".
Sent family (including "A") home.
Photos of just the two of us around winery.

And then 26 hours of sipping wine, eating amazing food, sipping wine, sitting on our patio, soaking in the tub, sipping wine with good food, sipping wine on patio...
(Oh... I convinced DH to stay 2nd night after all!)

More details soon!
It is quite the story but WE DID IT!!!!!!
Despite imperfections, our day(s) couldn't have been any more perfect!

Anyway...
I'm off to deal with some messes around the house....
"A" decided to have some "mistakes" in hopes that we would decide to not leave her home again -- she said that "if you hadn't left me here, I wouldn't have this headache from breathing green smoke". ("mistakes" were in super basic things she does all the time without trouble. Again, more detail later...)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a great day with some very minor (completely inconsequential) mishaps. So nice you got to stay an extra night.

Congratulations to you and your husband, and best wishes for a wonderful life together.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hudson_Hawk|1382112068|3540102 said:
vc10um|1382051587|3539744 said:

This. Best wishes for both you and B!

Thanks HH :wavey:

I'm glad to see you around!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to try to post the whole story but may have to do a section at a time.

Wednesday:

We finished up lots of detail stuff on Wednesday but didn't get a ketubah frame (this turned out to be good!). DH had to go in for an MRI but we didn't find out until after his chiropractor appointment. Had just enough time to get home and him to eat a little something while I got going on some of the packing. Survived (barely) the MRI and went straight from there to picking up the polished jewelry and my dress. Hung the dress up at home and picked "A" up from tutoring then we were off to pick up his tux. By the time we got home, I had only 40 minutes to get ready for the mikvah. It was a bit rushed but okay. The mikvah is NOT something I enjoy. This was my second time doing it and I'm still just as afraid of water as the last time :nono: I don't think I'll be a monthly visitor. I was aiming for 7 dunks because that is Sephardic custom but came up choking each time. It took me four times to get two "kosher" dunks (the minimum requirement) so I decided (after coughing enough water out to speak again) that "Okay. Two is a great number!"
The lady was so sweet and didn't make me feel bad about that at all.
Got home with take-out dinner after 9pm and then had to empty the car out and get the rest of stuff packed and ready.

Thursday morning:

Dogs had to go to the pet hotel at 8am. DH helped with that part and then I left him at home so he and "A" could have breakfast, take baths, and finish getting ready for the day. I got lost on the way to the nail salon but showed up pretty close to on time. I showed them the pictures I posted here and one of my flowers and they helped me select colors. I did a pedicure with hot stone massage and then a full set on my hands.
I looked up when the door opened and there was my friend K! I couldn't believe it! She surprised me by showing up to have her nails done too. We talked about the day and when she heard "A" had refused to even zip up my dress and I had no family attending the religious ceremony, she called her husband and told him they had a change in plans and they'd be attending so she could zip me up!

I got home a little after 12 but we had needed to leave right at 12 in order to make it to get ready before the ceremony. "A" and "B" got all dressed for the ceremony while I loaded the car. We made it out the door in under 10 minutes. Even with that, we walked through the doors right at 1pm. I wasn't too concerned because I thought it was just Rabbi and us plus K..... Oops...
Rabbi had arranged a full minyan plus a few spares! There were 15+ people standing in the foyer watching as I walked through in baggy, stained sweats :oops: K helped me get dressed in record time (10 minutes flat :bigsmile: ). I skipped pulling my hair up to save time (oops) but thought I was all ready to go.

I stood in the hall and waited (B told me later that they had been finishing details so I was ready before they were!) for Rabbi then walked out to the waiting group. I felt SOOOOooo self conscious not knowing where I was supposed to be walking to. No idea. I figured I was safe following Rabbi towards "B" and then was told to sit at a table. Stayed sitting next to "B" for the signing and then Rabbi had him stand up but just left me sitting there. It made sense when he had "B" lower my veil to cover my face (walked out with it up at Rabbi's instruction). When people got started singing, I figured maybe I should stand up too?
"B" took my hand and led me to the next room with the chuppah. I followed Rabbi's counting for how many times to circle "B" (we did 7) and then the ceremony part started. It was perfect! "B" started crying almost immediately. And then my veil started to shift...
I did the best I could to keep it in place (since I thought there was a part later where "B" was supposed to lift it? -- still haven't figured this part out!) but it finally fell off :rolleyes: Rabbi reached so I handed it to him and it got tucked away to the side. No big deal!
"B" place the ring on my right pointer finger and said the appropriate words then I placed his ring on his pointer finger and said the right words (yay for Rabbi's to repeat after!). Rabbi spoke some beautiful words about us and about love and family. Cantor whispered that we could shift our rings to our ring fingers any time we wanted. Cantor chanted the seven blessings for us. Our two Kiddush cups were just beautiful! Then "B" got to stomp on the glass and everyone started singing!

I am SOOoo glad we didn't try to do that with just two Jewish people at the winery! It really needed people to know the songs!

Thursday evening and beyond later!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thursday evening (including the big surprise dessert!):

It took us three hours to drive to the winery instead of the usual two. I don't know why. The traffic wasn't too bad but I guess that far a little slower than usual would add up to a fair amount longer.
We got checked in with 20 minutes to get dressed and back up to the main building for dinner. So another 10 minute change from sweats to gown :rolleyes:
My grandparents, brother, K & her husband, and "A" were waiting in the room eating appetizers. My grandparents and brother hadn't seen us dressed in tux & gown yet! Grandpa took lots of pictures.
Our event coordinator let the chef know to start serving dinner. It was spectacular!
The salad was this super fresh spinach and arugula with sweet slices of strawberries, thin shaves of parmesan and a super yummy vinaigrette. Unoaked chardonnay was perfect with this!
Soup was creamy but thick sweet corn bisque with a poblano crème drizzle on top. OMG I have never had such a delicious soup! Paired with Caveman Red (same wine people had in their rooms waiting for them at check-in).
Of course my grandfather (who had been concerned it would be a "fancy" place that would serve little tiny portions that wouldn't make a whole meal) was loving every bite and starting to say stuff like "Wait... there is a main course after this?!" :lol:
The tenderloin was cooked perfectly! Not too done but not too rare. So rich and intense! The potatoes and greens were simple but so good! Paired with my favorite cabernet (100% cab grapes -- NOT a blend!)

Dessert turned out to be pears poached in a Riesling then caramelized on the bottom. Served with candied walnuts, rosemary, and re-hydrated dried grapes. I have never had raisins so yummy!! Served with the blanc de blanc.

My grandparents had been concerned when I said to expect dinner to last at least two hours. They didn't see how this was possible....
Dinner started promptly at 7pm and didn't end until 10! It was relaxed and slow but we were never left feeling like we had a wait between courses. They cleared and served and poured at the right balance of getting on with things and relaxed chatting!

I put an end to after dinner chat at 10:30 or so (I didn't know what time it was) when I finally couldn't stand my dress a minute more. Of course I was much more subtle and suggested that with breakfast at 9am, it might be good to get some sleep. When DH and I were in the car driving back down to our room, I said that if he didn't hurry and get me there already I'd be forced to remove my bra in the car :lol: :rolleyes:

The room was gorgeous! (pictures to come later!!!)
Super isolated and looking right down the river and gorge! We enjoyed the gas fireplace and big marble tub. Worth every trip up and down the side road!

"A" loved her room too. This was her first time with a room to herself and the first time she'd been anywhere this nice.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Oh TP! It sounds like everything went so well! I loved reading your synopsis of each day and while there were some mishaps, overall it sounds like everything went really well! How nice of your friend K to surprise you and help you get ready!! I know you were stressed about that. And a surprise gathering of people for the religious ceremony!? Totally sweet of them!

I cannot WAIT to see some pictures!!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Friday morning -- breakfast & wine tasting:

I got to wake up Friday morning to this amazing sunrise through our bedroom windows. The cliffhouse had floor to ceiling windows across the entire side facing the river & gorge. I'd woken up a few times as the sun started to shine. The changing light across the water and cliffs was just indescribable!

The clock in our room was wrong and I didn't feel like learning to set the alarm so I just used my cell phone as an alarm. Glad I did!
We actually showed up on time and not rushed! We waited 15 minutes and then asked the front desk lady to call the one couple who wasn't there for breakfast yet. Their clock was off by 35 minutes!

We had people order their own breakfast off the standard menu so that everyone could choose what they wanted. It was all so delicious! Fresh rainier cherry jam (made in house), goat cheese frittata with tomatoes straight from Chef's garden, the most amazing looking brioche French toast I've ever seen... :lickout:
K ordered mimosas for me and B. I can't believe I've never had those before!

Breakfast ended with about an hour for my family to check out and then meet at the tasting room for some wine. We made it through the whole check out un-eventfully.

I had been told by the event coordinator I worked with from the winery that we'd have the "standard" wine tasting since we only had seven people wanting to taste. Wow! We had the "standard" tasting but no one else was around and she'd set up the private room for us. It was gorgeous! The walls are rock so it is like being in a cave (or wine cellar) but it is strung with lights and just super pretty. She had tables set up for us to sit at and even had our cake there and waiting! I completely forgot my flowers and when the lady pouring at the tasting heard this, she asked someone at the front desk to pick them up for her. She had them get the flowers from our room and then arranged them for me!
The "standard" tasting is 5 whites and 5 reds. We made it through just the whites before B and I had to go down and change for the photographer. The winery had a car waiting to take us to our room and the lady was nice enough to wait while we dressed. It was so nice getting dressed and not having a huge rush! I actually got to take 30 minutes changing!!
I know I wore my dress a lot more than most people do, but it was sad changing into it for that last time. The other times I was rushed and didn't have time to really think about it but getting dressed for pictures was the last time I plan to wear my dress. I'm thrilled to finally be married! It is just a sad feeling as you strap into your dress to think that all the hours of trying dresses on, choosing a favorite, wondering if you chose right and then multiple fittings is all over. I did take the time to pull my hair up how I'd planned. We rode back up to the wine tasting where K helped me with my necklace and earrings. I don't know why, but the veil just made it for my grandparents. They had seen me in my dress the night before, but something was different with the veil. I can't describe it, but I am so glad they were there to see me fully put together!

Friday pictures & cake:

The photographer showed up as the wine tasting ended (well... sort of ended as we were still tasting and K had ordered a glass to sip). We started with cake cutting. DH tried to actually cut the cake :lol: We finally ended up with a piece on a plate and the photographer instructing him to feed me a piece of cake. That did NOT go graceful! He put a giant piece on a fork and held it up. He did think better of that and cut it smaller but then held the fork sideways and just out of reach. I did manage to get him to turn the fork so it could go in my mouth and (eventually) bring it close enough I could actually eat it!
The amazing coordinator woman let us go out for group and family photos and she took the cake to cut it and put it on plates for us. We did all sorts of fun group pictures and then a car drove us to the amazing overlook for a few pictures of the two of us with "A" before going in to eat the cake.
Then we hugged my grandparents and brother goodbye and got "A" shifted over into my brother's car.

We did pictures of just the two of us around the winery. I got to the point of wanting my comfortable shoes. We were down taking pictures on the patio of our room anyway so I figured DH could just run in and grab them.... except that the room key he thought he had isn't in his wallet or pocket or car. Okay. So I made it through more pictures around the winery with my feet killing me and my dress shifted somewhere (no visible shift so I don't know what happened) so I had boning stabbing me and a wireless bra gouging me too.

I REALLY really wish I had made a list of pictures I wanted to have taken. The photographer asked where we'd like pictures next and if there were any special shots we'd like to make sure to get and DH said he couldn't think of any more so we could probably just be done. My feet were hurting so bad by this time that I couldn't think of any of the others I had wanted to have so I agreed. We still had an hour of her time that we'd already paid for so there would have been lots of time to get the rest of the pictures I wanted... if I could remember what they were :nono:

DH and I went back to the room to change again. It was funny as I waivered between super sad feelings that this was the last time I'd be taking the dress off and super happy because I'M Married and we get to have some time alone and "Get it off me NOW!!!" as the boning started digging deeper.
I got (another) long hot soak in the giant bath tub :appl:

Spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around the room in front of the fire or sitting on the patio sipping wine with the chocolate truffles Chef had made. We got to sit and watch the sun go down snuggled together in front of the fire :love:

Back again later with Friday dinner & Saturday!

Sorry for the novel! I'm so excited about how everything worked out.
I also remember learning more about wedding planning and what to prepare for by reading all of the stories on here than I did from any other book or website!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Loving these updates!! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Friday:

I got a LOOooong soak in the tub after pictures were done and then lounged around our room in front of the fire. Someone brought my flowers down to our room for me while I was soaking so we got to have those in the living room to enjoy.
We also got to sit on the patio watching the sunset while sipping red wine and eating the most rich and creamy chocolate truffles ever :love:
Then inside to finish sipping the wine in front of the fire. Couldn't have been more perfect!

Friday dinner:

Joined K and her husband (J) for dinner. It was delicious! Every last dish just amazing.
K mentioned to the waiter that we had just gotten married the day before so he got excited and congratulated us. He even complimented my dress as he'd seen us earlier taking pictures! He said we HAD to have champagne with dessert (who are we to say no? :bigsmile: ) but came out just a few minutes later with glasses of champagne because life is too short to wait for dessert!
So dinner started with champagne and the most amazing tomato soup I have ever had :lickout: Then on to more perfect food with merlot and more perfect food with red blend. I had the mocha cheesecake for dessert but also got to try the rosemary pear upside down cake and the crème brulee :lickout:

Dinner ended (after 2+ hours) when K just about fell asleep in her dessert plate....

It was a LOT of wine for the day, but DH and I had less than she did. Of course it was with lots of food over a 16 hour day...

DH and I each had:

mimosa
tasted 10 one ounce pours of wine
shared 1/2 bottle red wine on our balcony before dinner
1 glass each champagne
split 2 bottles of red wine between 4 people

Saturday:

Slow morning. We got to lounge around and enjoy the view from our room. More tub soaking and fire enjoying.
I got all of our stuff packed up and out to the car.

Breakfast just the two of us looking out over the river. More delicious food. DH had a duck confit hash.

We met K and J for a last wine tasting and lounging around looking out over the gorge. We sat for hours sipping wine for the tasting (5 reds, 5 whites) at a table outside in the sun -- weather was 68 and sunny!
Then off to lunch for more spectacular food on the restaurant patio.

I hated to leave! Everything was beyond my dreams of perfect!
In fact K decided not to leave... They were going to stay Saturday night already, but she got up while we were waiting to order lunch and extended their stay another night. :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gift baskets (favors?):

Each room had a basket with a bottle of red wine, a winery corkscrew, two wine glasses and two bags of chef's deliciously rich dark chocolate truffles. ("A" had sparkling cider instead of wine)

Each also had a cheese/cracker/fruit plate waiting when people checked in. They were so pretty!

My grandparents showed up early (yay for the awesome staff who got their room ready WAY early so they could relax in comfort) so they were there before the basket and plate of food. My grandfather apparently tried to turn it down and get rid of the person :lol: She had to explain that I had requested each room get these and the basket and everything was for them to keep. It took a bit of doing, but he finally let her leave them and even enjoyed eating them :bigsmile:
The ladies at the winery think my grandparents are just too sweet :))

Umm.... okay.... :

Walked out of our room to head up to the wine tasting and found my grandparents sitting on their patio watching for us. My grandfather had his camera out and was taking pictures of us walking out.

ETA: not just watching the path up for us... They were staring down through the windows of our room. (there wasn't anything interesting to see but still... :rolleyes: )

audball

Ideal_Rock
This place sounds so dreamy! No wonder you didn't want to leave!!! I am so looking forward to seeing pictures!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like such a wonderful weekend!! So happy for you! I CANNOT wait to see pictures. Glad you both got to have some time together to relax and enjoy the weekend. :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
TP, girl, you AMAZE me. You kept the most amazing positive attitude, even when things didn't work out...and look at where that got you! To what sounds like an absolutely PERFECT wedding experience...even if it was a wee bit busy! ;-)

I'm so incredibly chuffed for you! This was such a long time coming, and you deserved every happy moment and surprise you enjoyed this past weekend! I can't wait for pictures!!!

(And there's no harm in putting on your dress whenever you want. I've certainly popped mine on a few times in the past two years! And I distinctly remember Haven used to wear her veil and pop a bowl of popcorn and watch chick flicks when her DH wasn't home...)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
TP! It sounds like you had a perfect few days! Congrats and i can't wait to see some pics!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
We're still {impatiently} waiting!! :)) :naughty:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1382560575|3543107 said:
We're still {impatiently} waiting!! :)) :naughty:

Me too! ;(

I only took about three pictures while we were there (all generic over the gorge pictures). I do have some pictures of the room we stayed in from the day we went out to see and talk about the contract. (I'll try to post them in the next couple of days)

One of our guests took some pictures but she just got back because they stayed an extra couple of days and then had a car accident on the way home! Her son is in town visiting and they're all at another wedding today.
Hoping to get pics from her this next week.

I also need to get my grandfather to copy the pics he took for me and send them this direction with my aunt.

Photographer just e-mailed! She's working on our pics and will e-mail again when she gets them done :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see! It's got to be exciting to know she's working on them! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures!!!!

Will post as I'm able to make smaller file sizes!

Love some. Hate some. Mostly great!
The ones I hate have to do with needing double stick tape or something to keep my dress from hanging open in front...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First batch of pictures. Lots more to come!

Cantor played some music before the ceremony!

Our glasses for the blessings are so pretty! We have them to keep in our home and use for special events :love:

Don't mind the funny look on my face as I walk out.... No one had told me where to go! "Just walk out!" I figured (hoped) that walking to DH was the right thing to do.

_11813.jpg

_11814.jpg

_11815.jpg

_11816.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More!

One of the witnesses we asked did not come up so I was surprised by the 1st witness. Turns out the person we asked hadn't signed in Hebrew for years so was nervous -- that's okay... I was so nervous I couldn't have signed my name in Hebrew! (and the thought of OMG I'm going to have to have Rabbi show me how to sign my own name was going through my mind!)

DH was the first to sign after the witnesses so he reached for the pen Rabbi had given him at the start of this part of the ceremony and about four of us in the room all said "Not the red pen!!!" :lol:

_11820.jpg

_11821.jpg

_11822.jpg

_11823.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH lowered my veil.... and pulled to make sure it was down.... um... Keep watching as it slides more and more through the ceremony!

DH led me in to the chuppah while Cantor played!

Under the chuppah! Waiting for Rabbi to tell me to circle.

_11824.jpg

31.jpg

_11825.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching the veil?!

The first picture Rabbi is saying something solemn and wonderful. Can't remember what. I was busy thinking "OMG my veil's going to fall out!"

The second picture is the BIG moment -- this is DH sliding the ring on my finger!

The third is me sliding the ring on his finger.

_11826.jpg

_11827.jpg

_11828.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still watching the veil?!

DH presented me with my ketubah.

2nd picture... It is finally gone! (now I can quit thinking about the dang thing!)

3rd picture -- getting wrapped in the tallit

4th -- sipping wine after blessings

_11829.jpg

56.jpg

tallit.jpg

_11830.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glass breaking!!!

And...... We're married!!!!!

glass_breaking.jpg

glass_breaking_2.jpg

glass_breaking_3.jpg

_11831.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More to come after I compress the pictures from the winery!

And I'm still waiting on the pictures my Grandpa took from dinner!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results