shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Veterans Day!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Veterans Day to all who served. We are eternally grateful for your bravery and sacrifice. My Grandfather, Father, Uncles and many, many friends are all included in this elite group of true Patriots. Here's my favorite pic of my Beloved and hero. Kiowa-warrior_OIF_Front1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D95CF184-AF91-49CD-93D8-6B2A49BAFDEC.gif

29E0AD2B-C5B5-4892-935D-1DFE22847240.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, also, thank all veterans today. Like many others here on Pricescope many members of my family have served in the military, many in wartime.

Usually I use Veterans Day as a "teachable moment" because many people have forgotten that November 11 was once celebrated as Armistice Day (and because as a former history teacher I can't stop myself). It should not be necessary to remind people of its origins this year, however, given the huge centennial celebration taking place on France. (That is why President Trump is now in France.)

World War I, which took the lives of an entire generation of young men (a single battle sometimes killing millions)*, ended in an armistice on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of 1918. It was followed by the Paris Peace Conference and Versailles Treaty which establish the League of Nations, the precursor to the United Nations. Armistice day was the holiday celebrated world wide on November 11 to mark the peace made that day.

AGBF

*The Battle of the Somme...https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/battle-of-the-somme

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to all our service men and women who put on the uniform and defend our freedoms. I’m so proud of my dad (WWII), my brother who was killed serving in Vietnam, and my two nephews who are currently serving.
Never forget!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Veterans Day to all who served. We are eternally grateful for your bravery and sacrifice. My Grandfather, Father, Uncles and many, many friends are all included in this elite group of true Patriots. Here's my favorite pic of my Beloved and hero. Kiowa-warrior_OIF_Front1.jpg
Ah, the “red-headed step-child of Army Aviation”, the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior! I was a KW pilot’s wife as well. My late husband flew them for 10 years (1999-2009). I wonder if my beloved knew yours since the scout community was so small.
189A03E7-8D9A-4422-AFB7-A12E2C524A62.jpeg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, the “red-headed step-child of Army Aviation”, the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior! I was a KW pilot’s wife as well. My late husband flew them for 10 years (1999-2009). I wonder if my beloved knew yours since the scout community was so small.

Oh, wow I'm sure he did! They went to flight school the same year. DH got Aviator of the Year in 2009.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow I'm sure he did! They went to flight school the same year. DH got Aviator of the Year in 2009.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
He would likely recognize my husband, or at least his name. So they were at Rucker at the same time at least. Ski (my beloved) started WOCS in August 1998 and then went straight into training. I joined him at Rucker in January 1999, after I finished my enlistment and got out of the Army myself. Then it was on to Polk, Rucker (as an IP), and finally Drum.

And thank you for the condolences. January will mark 10 years. I still can’t believe it. I miss him, but carry him with me always.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
He knows him. The says he was a SP like him, and he replaced him in Afghanistan.
He would likely recognize my husband, or at least his name. So they were at Rucker at the same time at least. Ski (my beloved) started WOCS in August 1998 and then went straight into training. I joined him at Rucker in January 1999, after I finished my enlistment and got out of the Army myself. Then it was on to Polk, Rucker (as an IP), and finally Drum.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
He knows him. The says he was a SP like him, and he replaced him in Afghanistan.
Please tell him I said thank you for carrying on the mission!! *salute*

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock

And thank you for the condolences. January will mark 10 years. I still can’t believe it. I miss him, but carry him with me always.

My mistake, it was Iraq. I can't imagine your grief.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cali, I'm so sorry for your loss.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to all our service men and women who put on the uniform and defend our freedoms. I’m so proud of my dad (WWII), my brother who was killed serving in Vietnam, and my two nephews who are currently serving.
Never forget!
I’m sorry for your loss, @Bonfire. My heart is with you as a fellow Gold Star family member and as a grateful American.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is hardly the same as the losses suffered here since I didn't even know my relative, but my great-uncle fought in the Battle of the Somme in 1916 and he was never found, but his name is on the Thiepval memorial in France along with 73,000 other soldiers who were never found. I was able to find a record of what had occurred the night he died, and he was part of a 100-strong raiding party that charged into enemy trenches at midnight. I get a little teary thinking of how frightened he must have been. He was only 21. Now, if I am frightened of anything, I think of him and his bravery.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have gotten chills reading this thread. The losses are so personal and so is the service. I thank you for serving yourself, Cali-ohsomethingshiny. And I thank all of you who have supported your spouses and family members during their service as you did, Mrs. Strizzle. And, finally, I thank those of you whose loved ones made the ultimate sacrifice as yours did, Bonfire and Cali. I also thank those of you who did not speak up here today, but have served in silence.

Deb/AGBF

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have gotten chills reading this thread. The losses are so personal and so is the service. I thank you for serving yourself, Cali-ohsomethingshiny. And I thank all of you who have supported your spouses and family members during their service as you did, Mrs. Strizzle. And, finally, I thank those of you whose loved ones made the ultimate sacrifice as yours did, Bonfire and Cali. I also thank those of you who did not speak up here today, but have served in silence.

Deb/AGBF
Thank you Deb for saying so well what I was trying to find the words to say.

God Bless all our heroes and their families!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for both you and your families losses Cali and Bonfire. Thank you to all those who served to protect our country and our freedom.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My grandfather served in WWII in South Pacific.
My dad served in Army as doctor during Viet Nam.
My SO served in Air Force.
Thanks to all that served!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And Cali and Bonfire so sorry for your losses.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Cali-ohsomethingshiny

From one vet to another: Thank you.

I believe we might be the only 2 vets on at least this part of the forum.

Perry

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure every veteran is participating in this thread, perry. Some people have posted about their military experiences in the past. Some of them are not posting a great deal at the moment, but they have been active on Pricescope and posted in Hangout. Some may just not care to share here. But thank you for your service.

Deb :wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It is good to have a day to be grateful in it. Even small gestures of defending are so memorable in life, let alone making a killer of a job :(2 out of the worst... Not much could carry more honor!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results