shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy mother's day

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy mother's day to all the mums , moms, and mas plus rhe grans and mother in laws out there

not sure what the protocol is around here because im very new and i did search for a thread and only found an old one and then some specific jewlery ones

now i know the Brits already celebrated this but for seasons unknown in NZ we celebrate our mums with the Aussie mums and the American moms
(but a belated mother's day wishes to those other parts of the world too)

my mum passed away just over two years ago after a horrible long cruel battle with altzimers and my mum in law who i saddly only new as an older lady passed away in 2004

but today is a day to celebrate the good days
downloadfile-32.jpg
happy mother's day
I hope everyone gets to enjoy fsmily time with their loved ones

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive been out in the dark and rain lookimg for flowers for my mum
luckery she liked white flowers at mother's day
this is our native ckematis and mum's pearls and her emerald ring that was my favorite as a child 20190512_194743.jpg
i must say im a bit worried i can't find my MIL's earings ... but that will be in a safe place

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
happymothersday.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy mother's day to all the mums , moms, and mas plus rhe grans and mother in laws out there

not sure what the protocol is around here because im very new and i did search for a thread and only found an old one and then some specific jewlery ones

now i know the Brits already celebrated this but for seasons unknown in NZ we celebrate our mums with the Aussie mums and the American moms
(but a belated mother's day wishes to those other parts of the world too)

my mum passed away just over two years ago after a horrible long cruel battle with altzimers and my mum in law who i saddly only new as an older lady passed away in 2004

but today is a day to celebrate the good days
downloadfile-32.jpg
happy mother's day
I hope everyone gets to enjoy fsmily time with their loved ones

I'm so sorry for your loss @Daisys and Diamonds. (((Hugs))) to you.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss @Daisys and Diamonds. (((Hugs))) to you.
thank you missy
my dad died of cancer when my sister was still at high school
mum battled on, on her own a long time
the altzimers was so bad - i was the one to drop off first (i had lived away for a long time) but then she couldn't remember our last name - Dad's name
she stopped wearing her engagement ring
her personality changed and she lost empathy and carring and then she got violent towards the nurses - that wasn't my mum
the end was just terrible - she didn't even look like mum or even grandma
but in my mind she was alteady with our dad
my inheritance brought some lovelly jewlery (not to mention a deposite on a house)but i wish she could have gone shopping with me - especially the house shopping
but anyway mother's day isnt sad

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B96704FA-CE88-4F25-8D24-1FA1B1D80911.jpeg

TR’s dogs got me flowers LOL. No card though — that whole needing opposable thumbs to write... :cheeky: That’s ok, I’ll take what I can get!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you missy
my dad died of cancer when my sister was still at high school
mum battled on, on her own a long time
the altzimers was so bad - i was the one to drop off first (i had lived away for a long time) but then she couldn't remember our last name - Dad's name
she stopped wearing her engagement ring
her personality changed and she lost empathy and carring and then she got violent towards the nurses - that wasn't my mum
the end was just terrible - she didn't even look like mum or even grandma
but in my mind she was alteady with our dad
my inheritance brought some lovelly jewlery (not to mention a deposite on a house)but i wish she could have gone shopping with me - especially the house shopping
but anyway mother's day isnt sad

I'm so sorry. My FIL died of Alzheimers after a long drawn out illness. It wasn't pleasant and it wasn't easy. My heart goes out to you. Life has a way of robbing us of our dignity as we age and it's often terribly challenging. I hope good memories are with you and she lives on in your heart. And now as you write your parents are together. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I’m sorry your mother and mother-in-law passed on.
Thank you for wishing us a Happy Mother’s Day! I wish the same to you and everyone here...There are all kinds of moms to children, dogs, cats, birds, fish, etc. Sometimes you mother other people when they need it..It’s a nice day to remember everyone.
You sound like such a nice person..I’m glad you joined us here. Have a nice day..:kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother passed away in 2008 at the age of 90. This year I sent flowers to her sister (my aunt) to whom I have only been doing this recently. She is now 94, however, and her birthday is in May. I really want to recognize her place in my life and in our family. She even accompanied me on my second trip to Colombia when I went to pick up my daughter, who was three months old. (My husband, who went the first time, was in Europe.)

I also sent flowers to my brother's mother-in-law and to my sister-in-law, who just became a grandmother on April 26. Since I had sent the new mother, my niece, two bouquets of roses when her son was born (one blue for him and one pink for her, her favorite color), I sent her an arrangement of edible fruit. Her sister (also my niece) is visiting her from California and can help her eat it!

Usually I receive a vase of flowers from my brother and sister-in-law at some point when we get together to celebrate Mother's Day with lunch. This year we got together yesterday and not only did they treat my daughter and me to lunch, but they overwhelmed me with yellow flowers (my favorite color). I drove home from lunch with a positively enormous yellow begonia plant and two glass vases filled with yellow "Premium Tulips". (I had tulips at my wedding.) My brother carefully packed them in the back of my Jeep so that they wouldn't fall over and the buds are just opening.

"My cup runneth over".

AGBF :))

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@AGBF that's very sweet. I'm glad that they did something special with your favorite color.

@Daisys and Diamonds hugs- I think having nice memories to remember is just as important.

@Dee*Jay pretty flowers!

I helped the 12 year old in out house make a pop up mother's day card for his mom. He doesn't think of me as his stepmom and doesn't want a stepmom, but that's what I am anyway. I wonder if he will look at it differently when he is older. He kind of treats me like hired help a lot... Fingers crossed it changes?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AGBF that's very sweet. I'm glad that they did something special with your favorite color.

@Daisys and Diamonds hugs- I think having nice memories to remember is just as important.

@Dee*Jay pretty flowers!

I helped the 12 year old in out house make a pop up mother's day card for his mom. He doesn't think of me as his stepmom and doesn't want a stepmom, but that's what I am anyway. I wonder if he will look at it differently when he is older. He kind of treats me like hired help a lot... Fingers crossed it changes?
I think he will slowly change when he remembers you taking the time to do things for him..and help him make something for his mother...especially on Mother’s Day. I think that was an amazing thing to do for your husband’s ex-wife.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry. My FIL died of Alzheimers after a long drawn out illness. It wasn't pleasant and it wasn't easy. My heart goes out to you. Life has a way of robbing us of our dignity as we age and it's often terribly challenging. I hope good memories are with you and she lives on in your heart. And now as you write your parents are together. (((Hugs))).
im sorry about your FIL, your poor husband and family
and yes i remember my mum for the good days because i have no idea who that other angry not all that old (went into care at 68 - passed away at 72) woman was
my FIL and all his brothers had it and now one of the last 2 surviving sisters has it
but dear old Paddy (Irish) was a gentleman till the last and he may have forgotten our names or failed to know quite who we were but he knew we all belonged to him - even his first little grandson and even me, the youngest DIL- i.always thought it was last on, first off ??
it (altzimers and demetia) is everywhere
they need to find a cure for our generation
not so much to save us but so the next generation is spared the pain

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I’m sorry your mother and mother-in-law passed on.
Thank you for wishing us a Happy Mother’s Day! I wish the same to you and everyone here...There are all kinds of moms to children, dogs, cats, birds, fish, etc. Sometimes you mother other people when they need it..It’s a nice day to remember everyone.
You sound like such a nice person..I’m glad you joined us here. Have a nice day..:kiss2:
thank you Mamabean
i hope everyone had a lovelly day
i brought a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket so i didn't have to.cook and gave a generouse portion to our cat - because we take turns at being the mommy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Dee*Jay pretty flowers!

one day when he's a dad im sure he will - mind you no guarantee when
im 47 and i only worked some.stuff out in the last couple of years - like how mum and dad has a life before we were born, how their hopes and dreams and struggles i thought were mine were theirs first
its been a bit of a revalation and has kept me awake in the wee wee hours in what's the meaning of life kind of way

i do hope the recipient of Master 12's mother day's day card appreated your thoughtfulness - hopefully her son will remember what you do for him
ugggg i can't make the smilies work !!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
B96704FA-CE88-4F25-8D24-1FA1B1D80911.jpeg

TR’s dogs got me flowers LOL. No card though — that whole needing opposable thumbs to write... :cheeky: That’s ok, I’ll take what I can get!
dogs (and cats) give the best love its just too bad they never remember their wallet when they go shopping !

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had plans of going out for lunch, just DH, myself and the kids, but my 6 year old son woke in the morning delirious with a fever, and is in isolation with influenza. So takeaway it was! We will try and have a do-over when he has recovered. On the plus side, I received some pretty pearl and rose gold earrings.

Happy Mother's Day!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy belated Mother's Day y'all!
I am so sorry for your loss @Daisys and Diamonds. It is very sweet that you honor your mom each year with flowers.

It was a fabulous day for me. My son took us all to lunch and paid!!! This is the child that has the same $100 bill since he was 5 (he's 15)! He won't spend a dime and has more money than all of us, lol! I think he may be rehearsing for dates, learning how to tip, etc. Anyway, it was a wonderful lunch.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy belated Mother's Day y'all!
I am so sorry for your loss @Daisys and Diamonds. It is very sweet that you honor your mom each year with flowers.

It was a fabulous day for me. My son took us all to lunch and paid!!! This is the child that has the same $100 bill since he was 5 (he's 15)! He won't spend a dime and has more money than all of us, lol! I think he may be rehearsing for dates, learning how to tip, etc. Anyway, it was a wonderful lunch.
That is so sweet! We still pay for meals at restaurants for my sons and family..They argue but give in quickly! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had plans of going out for lunch, just DH, myself and the kids, but my 6 year old son woke in the morning delirious with a fever, and is in isolation with influenza. So takeaway it was! We will try and have a do-over when he has recovered. On the plus side, I received some pretty pearl and rose gold earrings.

Happy Mother's Day!
I hope he feels better soon and you don’t catch it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lovely @Mamabean! He has tested positive for Influenza A, so I'm basically just waiting to catch it, I just really hope my 3 year old doesn't! We're all stir crazy after just 3 days already! :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results