shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Mother's Day!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A day early, but I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!

Doesn't matter if you're a Mother to humans, furbabies, plants, someone who needs a 'motherly' figure in their life who provides them with support, encouragement, guidance, compassion, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen to them, someone to laugh at their jokes, pat them on the back, make them smile despite life's inevitable challenges, try to ensure their basic needs are provided and gives them the freedom to figure out their own path in life.

Not everyone has a child, but I suspect everyone is demonstrating 'motherly', or 'fatherly', qualities in their life.

Thank goodness.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

:wavey:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December-fire that was beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful thought! Happy Mother's Day to all.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So truth and kindly said, thank you DF!
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December Fire, Thank you for the such a heartwarming post. I've always had small pity parties around Mother's Day. Thank you for reminding me that just because I am not an actual mom I still have a positive effect on other a someone's life besides my sweet furbaby, even if it is to a lesser degree. Thank you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know much about Mother's Day until I became one. Here's a "did you know?" about the holiday that is really interesting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother's_Day
Excerpt:
"The modern holiday of Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother at St Andrew's Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia. St Andrew's Methodist Church now holds the International Mother's Day Shrine.[6] Her campaign to make "Mother's Day" a recognized holiday in the United States began in 1905, the year her mother, Ann Reeves Jarvis, died. Ann Jarvis had been a peace activist who cared for wounded soldiers on both sides of the American Civil War, and created Mother's Day Work Clubs to address public health issues. Anna Jarvis wanted to honor her mother by continuing the work she started and to set aside a day to honor all mothers because she believed that they were "the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world".[7]

Although Jarvis was successful in founding Mother's Day, she became resentful of the commercialization of the holiday. By the early 1920s, Hallmark Cards and other companies had started selling Mother's Day cards. Jarvis believed that the companies had misinterpreted and exploited the idea of Mother's Day, and that the emphasis of the holiday was on sentiment, not profit. As a result, she organized boycotts of Mother's Day, and threatened to issue lawsuits against the companies involved.[10] Jarvis argued that people should appreciate and honor their mothers through handwritten letters expressing their love and gratitude, instead of buying gifts and pre-made cards.[9] Jarvis protested at a candy makers' convention in Philadelphia in 1923, and at a meeting of American War Mothers in 1925. By this time, carnations had become associated with Mother's Day, and the selling of carnations by the American War Mothers to raise money angered Jarvis, who was arrested for disturbing the peace.[9][10]"

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day.

Red, I hope you get to talk to your son who is serving our country. I know that would be the best gift possible for you tomorrow.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Callie! I hope so.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ever so much for this, december-fire! Several people in my real life weren't nearly as fortunate as me; they grew up as the son or the daughter of horribly abusive or coldly indifferent women, mothers in name only. I know how grateful they are to the teacher, neighbor, or other person(s) in their life who offered them the sanctuary and grace of a warm heart "home" or otherwise mothered them in some measure.

I came across this vintage card tonight & thought it PriceScope perfect : - )
vintage mother's day1.jpg

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Great post December-fire. Happy Mother's day to all the brave moms who give it their all, day in, and day out, 24/7. One of the world's toughest jobs, for sure.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day to one and all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day!

funny-kitten-attacking-mom-happy-mothers-day-greetings-funny-animted-gif.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mothers Day to all! Lovely sentiment December-Fire!!:appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you December-Fire. Happy Mother's day to all that love. That's what it's about anyway...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results