shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo setting- should small stones' color match the center stone's?

Kimqqqq

Rough_Rock
Hello PSers!

I am recently looking for a halo setting for my pear shape diamond that is 0.8 ct, F. VS2. I found that a lot of the settings come with H/I, SI small diamonds. Like this one I like a lot:

I heard that the small round diamonds do not show color well, but I do not want a significant color difference between the small stones and the center. Have anyone had a halo ring with lower quality small stones like that? Should I spend the money to upgrade the small diamonds so they match my main stone?

Thank you guys for any suggestions or comments!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What color is the halo?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I think it will be a great match. I don’t love center stones that are warmer than the halo stones but the small stones of H should match well with your F.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I don't think it will be a good mix. When they say H/I, it's usually I. I don't think they will look bright enough alongside your F. Also, I think you are "cheapening" your high quality diamond by putting it into a synthetic mounting. I really think you should mount in a gold solitaire mounting until the time at which you can have a custom halo created for your stone.

Kimqqqq

Rough_Rock
Personally, I don't think it will be a good mix. When they say H/I, it's usually I. I don't think they will look bright enough alongside your F. Also, I think you are "cheapening" your high quality diamond by putting it into a synthetic mounting. I really think you should mount in a gold solitaire mounting until the time at which you can have a custom halo created for your stone.

Thank you for your reply! The synthetic is the center stone that pretty much comes free with the setting lol. I asked and made sure that the small diamonds are natural diamonds. Aurosi do have customize options that I am discussing with the owner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results