shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo or 3 stone?

Halo or 3 stone?

• Martin Flyer Halo - Give them one more chance

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Solitaire - Go back to your original temp setting and be done with it!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

A few days ago I posted about my frustating problem with my halo engagement ring. I loved my halo ering but I guess it just wasn't meant to be due to all the problems I'm having with it. I've been looking around for different halo settings and I can't seem to find any that I love except for Martin Flyer, Leon and precision set. Precision set is out of my budget and I'm pretty sure Leon will be out of my budget as well. As for Martin Flyer....I'm not sure if I want to give them another chance.

So, since I love 3 stone rings as well, should I get a 3 stone ec ring or give Martin Flyer another chance?
If I go the 3 stone route I figure I can get 2 half carat sidestones and a simple setting from Whiteflash or another vendor online and I might even come in under budget....maybe.

I know this is comapairing apples to oranges but I really don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks everyone!

PS: my husband is negotiating with the jeweler and we are pretty confident that we will be getting a refund.

cmcdowell

Rough_Rock
I am very in love with Emeralds in a solitaire setting :)
It''s sooooo easy to get lost in the stone when there is nothing else around to get distracted with.

Depending on what I find out about the Tacori setting I want, That is what I''ll likely end up with.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
What about having Whiteflash make you a custom halo setting? I think you LOVE halos and if you get anything else, you''ll be settling. Get what you love!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I can''t possibly choose! It depends on what you really want. Don''t think that your halo just isn''t going to happen! Get what ever your heart desires!! It will happen for you if you want it!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks cmcdowell, it is fun to get lost in the stone when you have a solitaire! I wish you luck with your setting.

luvmyhalo, I haven''t thought of Whiteflash making me a custome setting! That is another option I think. Thanks!!

Tuckins, I know, I''m having a hard time trying to decide. I do know that I am going to take my time and not rush in to anything....

Thanks everyone, The poll looks like people are in favor of the 3 stone route....

karin23320

Rough_Rock
How about a halo with side stones? I have a 2 carat oval that I want to have remounted into a halo...and I saw this ring:

http://www.jewelblast.com/product/index.php?action=det&pId=473756&cId=7&m_type=1&I_type=1#

What do you think? I want the best of both worlds!
36.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Karin, that setting is beautiful! You must show us more pics when its done!

I love the idea of 3 stone halo! will have to keep it in mind.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE emerald cut solitaires! BUT, I also love EC three stones. I guess I''m not much help. Sorry
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i voted for the 3 stone option. i just think 3 stones are so classic.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Love three stone rings. Love''em!!!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would vote 3-stone too.

We (Erica and I) noticed a serious interest and request for 3-stone rings in the last 2 months or so. I myself am SERIOUSLY jonesing for one.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Kelli, lol, thanks! I know, I am having a hard time too.

Thanks mrssalvo! I also think 3 stones are classic....that is what I originally fell in love with.

Thanks for your vote goobear!

Grace, that''s interesting about people requesting more 3 stones lately....thanks for your vote!

I think I know what I''ll be getting next....As always thanks for everyone''s help!!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
MMT, I LOVE your new upgrade!
30.gif
Awesome finger coverage. My centerstone is tiny compaired to yours. It''s a carat. Hmmm....after looking at your lovely ring, I think maybe I could go with smaller sidestones? Will have to think about that. Congrats on your new uprade, it''s really beautiful!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I am a huge fan of the solitaire or 3 stone rings. I think that they are classy and just more wearable than a halo, IMO (Don''t get me wrong, halos are classy and gorgeous too, just not my style.
1.gif
)

Besides, with a 3 stone you have more options for fun wedding bands!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Idreamofice I think your 1 ct would look gorgeous in a 3 stone ring. I do like the idea of smaller side stones so they don''t compete with your center stone. I hope it all works out for you this time. Make sure to post some photos of your finished product. Good Luck!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks geckodani, lol, don''t get me started on wedding bands just yet! I already have 2. Unfortunately I was not able to return my matching band. So I do want to incorporate the design of my wedding band into my next setting. I''m thinking 3 stone with 3 sided pave....like this!
Might be waayyy out of my price range though....
3.gif

MMT, thanks! I think you are right, I do want my centerstone to pop. I will certainly come back with pictures!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, don't make this harder than it already is!! Seriously, that ring is really beautiful!

I've been thinking about traps for sidestones instead of ECs. My husband and I have been discussing my new setting a lot and he is open to upping the budget a bit more. But, I just can't justify spending more for the setting than he did on the diamond....
38.gif
But sidestones don't count right?
3.gif
Thanks again Ellen!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m partial to three stones -- that''s what I have (in a trellis setting).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 6:10:47 PM
Author: idreamofice
Ellen, don''t make this harder than it already is!! Seriously, that ring is really beautiful!

I''ve been thinking about traps for sidestones instead of ECs. My husband and I have been discussing my new setting a lot and he is open to upping the budget a bit more. But, I just can''t justify spending more for the setting than he did on the diamond....
38.gif
But sidestones don''t count right?
3.gif
Thanks again Ellen!
Of course not!
27.gif
9.gif

And you''re quite welcome. I can''t wait to see what you end up with!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like 3 stone settings. I think you should get what you want though even if you have to wait for it.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the vote Zoe and marcyc! and Thanks again to everyone, you guys have been extremely helpful.

I am working with James over at Whiteflash right now and I have to say he is absolutely wonderful, and so darn FAST!! lol.

AND as of right now the setting is way under budget! Hmmm....maybe enough for a pretty pendant.
36.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I can''t wait to see what you decide on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results