shape
carat
color
clarity

Hallmark ID a bear n eagle?

Allthingsbeautiful

Rough_Rock
Hi, hope someone can help, iv acquired a ring that I don't know much about, it has no hallmarks on the inside, but has what looks like an eagle's head and a bear's head on the outside, no idea if it's worth anything or if it's just costume jewellery. Thought it may be worth asking as it's a pretty ring.
Thanks 20180914_110942.jpg 20180914_105105.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O o I know.
It’s French and it’s Platinium. That’s the dog hallmark for Platinium. The 2nd mark could be maker, can’t see it properly.
And those white gems, rose cut diamonds.
Very nice.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, the eagle head is used for gold. So that means two metals were used in the ring, Platinium and Gold.
It looks like there might have been additional marks too, but worn off.
And French jewellery is always hallmarked on the outside of the ring, and is no doubt why the rest of the hallmarks have been worn away.

Allthingsbeautiful

Rough_Rock
Hi thanks for your replies, I'm most positive that the second mark is an eagle's head but only have my phone to take picks on so sorry there not great, any idea of age? I'll get the ring check by my jewellers to see if there diamonds, but defo not be chucking to the back of my draw now lol, especially as it fits me too=)2.
Is there any good way of safely cleaning this at home as it looks like it could do with a clean x

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use a soft toothbrush and some liquid soap. Scrub gently. Rinse under water (always put plug in sink!).
You can also buy a “silver cleaning cloth”, these clothes are imbedded with a fine abrasive and can remove any tarnish. You just rub these cloths all over the ring. The cloth can’t /won’t damage the diamonds.
As the diamonds are rose cut, they aren’t going to sparkle the same way a brilliant cut diamond will, that’s just how they are.
If you intend on wearing the ring, just test each diamond with a toothpick for security in its setting. Gently press on each diamond (on the edge) to see if there is any movement of the diamond. If yes, your ring needs a visit to a jeweller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results