shape
carat
color
clarity

Half Round Solitaire Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rnussbaum

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for a 6-prong solitaire setting for a round diamond that has a half round, not knife edge, shank. Everything I come across seems to have some variation on a knife edge. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! Here is a link to my ring from WF, set in their classic Tiff setting, but with a rounded band in yellow gold. Since these pics were taken, I had it slightly altered so that the band is more rounded on the top, which gives it a less square look and perhaps a bit more fluid. I definately think it looks thinner too. I am sure that if you were to get this setting from WF, they could make it more rounded. I was unsure what I wanted originally, and they absolutely made what I asked for, but when I got it, I thought about it, and decided it needed more rounding, just to balance out the size of the centre stone and to make the band look thinner.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/honeys-ring-is-done.79386/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/honeys-ring-part-2-pics.79836/

Can''t give you pics of the altered band yet, as I am still to be asked that special question, and said ring is still in the safe! Good luck!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi rnussbaum,

I agree with honey22 that most vendors will be able to make custom modifications to their settings. I had the same concern. I was in love with the basket of the SC Tiffany setting, but I didn’t want a knife edge band either. I wanted a comfort fit band instead. Barry at Excel Diamonds has been a pleasure to work with and he assured me that my requests could be accommodated. Unfortunately, like honey22, I don’t yet have the ring in my possession – it was just put into production a week ago. But, I should be getting it in about another week and will post pics then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results