shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale Half carat Lightbox lab grown diamond in 14k white gold solitaire

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
My sweet little ring has been replaced with a slightly bigger rose gold beauty so my first love is up for grabs!

I designed this to be my own engagement ring using a Lightbox half carat lab grown diamond and custom 14k white gold solitaire setting. It is size 4. Lightbox diamonds are not graded, estimated to be G color, VVS clarity, VG/EX cut, and this one is exactly .5 carats.

My total cost was somewhere between $800-900, asking $800 but accepting reasonable offers. I am not desperate to sell, so probably would need to get close to $800. If shipping with insurance isn't too pricy I will cover it.

This is a really beautiful ring and will be perfect for some lucky person, but it turns out I'm a rose gold girl instead!

Screenshot_20200124-211710.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211718.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211724.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211647.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211743.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211801.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211812.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211834.jpg Screenshot_20200124-211840.jpg

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I realize you’re not desperate to sell but I’m wondering if in calculating costs to you, you’re taking into account that the original lightbox setting won’t be coming with it. Since the lightbox diamonds on their own are $200 per quarter carat making this half carat $400 at retail, and from your previous posts the setting was a little over $200, I’m thinking someone could follow your journey to re-create this new for the same price as what you’re asking and have an extra silver setting to use for something else.

I will say I have loved watching your ring journey and hope you are able to re-home or recycle this.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
You may also want to post on Loupe Troop.

I hope you decide to keep the stone and reset it into studs for sentimental reasons!! You might be able to use the gold from the setting for the earring settings too.

Your engagement ring journey has been really fun to follow, love the story, pictures, updates, and discussions. It's definitely my favorite thread on PS, and is the reason I lurked and finally joined! A little sad that it's coming to an end, I hope to follow more of your projects!

M

Marriedbuteloped

I was hoping you'd keep it too. I am sentimental to your diamond. It brought me here.....and I remember your story and how the necklace had a knot when it arrived and you could not get it out and then mine also arrived with a knot. You must have had one of the first LB diamonds. Maybe that's worth something in itself. But I understand if you are selling it....

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I realize you’re not desperate to sell but I’m wondering if in calculating costs to you, you’re taking into account that the original lightbox setting won’t be coming with it. Since the lightbox diamonds on their own are $200 per quarter carat making this half carat $400 at retail, and from your previous posts the setting was a little over $200, I’m thinking someone could follow your journey to re-create this new for the same price as what you’re asking and have an extra silver setting to use for something else.

I will say I have loved watching your ring journey and hope you are able to re-home or recycle this.

Good point about the necklace, I'll throw in the necklace for free, along with the CZ I had set into it, so you would actually come out on top. But ultimately a buyer would also be saving all the time and energy I spent getting this thing made.

I just went back and actually looked, the setting was $255 and setting fee was $50. So that plus $515 for the Lightbox (I actually paid $525 because I went for rush shipping), was a little over $800 total if you wanted to do exactly what I did. I believe the setting would be more now since gold prices have gone up since I bought it. My rose gold in the exact same setting was $365 this past December.

Thank you for bringing up the necklace and your kind words!

You may also want to post on Loupe Troop.

I hope you decide to keep the stone and reset it into studs for sentimental reasons!! You might be able to use the gold from the setting for the earring settings too.

Your engagement ring journey has been really fun to follow, love the story, pictures, updates, and discussions. It's definitely my favorite thread on PS, and is the reason I lurked and finally joined! A little sad that it's coming to an end, I hope to follow more of your projects!

There's a loupe troop link in my post! I was planning on turning it into studs but honestly I'm not feeling super attached to it and I'd rather just have some money back if someone wanted it. I'm truly not desperate to sell, so if someone was like omg this is my dream ring here's $800 I'd be happy to give it a new life. If no/low offers, I'll keep it in the ring for now and maybe repurpose it someday.

That's so sweet! And a little scary how many people say my project brought them here lol. I hope no one I know in real life ever finds this, don't necessarily want them seeing all my crazy inner thoughts!

I was hoping you'd keep it too. I am sentimental to your diamond. It brought me here.....and I remember your story and how the necklace had a knot when it arrived and you could not get it out and then mine also arrived with a knot. You must have had one of the first LB diamonds. Maybe that's worth something in itself. But I understand if you are selling it....

Awwww! I'll keep it unless someone really loves it and wants to pay close to what I spent. I'm not in any rush to get rid of her, but it's sad that she'll just sit in a box until I turn her into something else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results