shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair and Makeup

Karen Gannon

Rough_Rock
So..like many weddings this is a destination wedding for everyone. Are there any standards for who pays for hair and makeup within the wedding party? And, is hair and makeup offered to mother and grandmother of the groom, etc? We are thinking since the bridal party is paying for dresses, shoes, air, hotels, etc., that the bride should pay for the hair and makeup but it is going to be very $$$. And yes, it is important to bride that they get them done professionally. On a side note, dresses are long, do shoes have to match?

Thanks for imput!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, of course shoes don't have to match.

If it is important to the bride that hair and makeup be professionally done, the bride should pay for it.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN|1346920068|3263020 said:

If it is important to the bride that hair and makeup be professionally done, the bride should pay for it.

Agreed. I am not matchy-matchy, so I told my bridesmaids to wear whatever they liked or wear none at all, like I plan on doing.

Also, they have the choice to get their make-up done, but it isn't mandatory. I feel like if I *needed* them to do that, I would pay for it.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
My bridemaids stuck to a shoe color, but they all wore whatever style they wanted. Some wore shoes they already had at home. They had long dresses and honestly I never saw their feet, so I don't think that shoes were all that important. I did not pay for their hair and makeup, but I made it optional. One bridesmaid did her own hair and makeup, but the rest paid for themselves to get it done professionally. The moms also came with us and got their hair and makeup done. Our wedding was a destination only for the MOG as she is in another state.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
JulieN|1346920068|3263020 said:

This! I have been in two destination weddings. For one, the bride paid, and for one, I paid. For the wedding when the bride paid, she wanted everyone to have a similar style, so she paid for the hairdresser in the room. She had her bridal party, herself, and her mom, but did not have anyone from the groom's side. For the one I paid, the bride said she was having hers done and just asked if anyone else wanted to use her hairdresser. 3 out of the 5 girls chose to use her, but there was no pressure to do so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results