shape
carat
color
clarity

had you ever held a weird job?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I worked for a company that sent spam to insurance agents.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Uh, I was a stripper. Now I write contracts.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One weird job I had was putting stickers on boxes. This was a job I got through a temp agency. . .when I was 18. Didn't last too long, luckily.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I worked at the Los Angeles County Men's Central Jail and Twin Towers Correctional facility for 2.5 months. Was stuck in the facility during lock-down twice, and witnessed them carrying out a bloody inmate once.

Scary. I cried every day for a week.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did detassling when I was 14, which isn't so much weird, other than being short it was a bear trying to reach the tops of corn stalks. I worked in a promotions company and made hats for a 2 years. Worked in a packing house for a year. Worked in the laundry of the big packing house here in town for 5 years, starting the summer after my sophomore year in High School. Folding and sorting uniforms and gloves, putting bundles together, sorting pockets and handing out uniforms..messy job at times, by no means glamorous. My dad and two uncles worked at the packing house and I had a lot of fun b/c their shift started while I was working. I'd take their uniforms and staple the fingers of the gloves or staple the ends of the pant legs together. If I'd not ended up w/such an evil manager I'd have stayed-I really loved that job.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I sold insurance with an old fashioned monthly collection route. I also delivered mail out of my car.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I made Goldfish. And cookies.

Now I make computer chips. Both are kind of weird.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I scraped face cheese off of eyeglasses, polished glass eyeballs, taught people to poke themselves in the eye, taped peoples' eyelids open and forced their heads into bowls, assisted in drilling eyeballs. I guess when you break it down, lots of my job was gross and or weird.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I'm an ambulance chaser...aka admissions director at a nursing home.
The weirdest job I ever had was as a whitewater rafting guide...but that's not too weird.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I assembled and tested laptops for a large computer manufacturer.
I worked at an assembly plant making the soft insides of the car interior ceiling (sunroof models were a pain to make!)
I put stickers on boxes of agricultural fertilizer.
I worked at Applebees as a server (not a weird job, but funny).

I love that I did all of these really awkward jobs. I think it adds spice to my life :razz:

E B

Ideal_Rock
In college, I photographed newborn babies. You know those 'first photos' you see of babies on those softly printed backgrounds, looking all squishy with their eyes barely open? I would push a cart with a sort of 'cradle' attached from room to room in the maternity ward, asking new parents wanted their baby's photo taken.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I used to work kitchen prep, cutting open live lobsters and gutting fish. I was also briefly music director for a funeral home (I was filling in for the lady who used to do it and had NO clue what I was doing, so I played Ave Maria a lot and handed out pamphlets).

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
When I lived in Florida I worked for Ms. Cleo. She was weird in a way but really nice.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When I was 17 I worked as a "Kettleman" in a bagel store.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
In college I worked as a ring polisher for a gemstone company that sold their wares on HSN.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:

Goldfish as in the Pepperidge Farm ones? My son would LOVE that job. Do they hire 8-year-olds? He'd probably do it for 1 bag of whole grain chedder an hour. :)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I actually held several!!

Dog Groomer

Trampoline and Diving Board Instructor

Voice over for gingles and vocal work for composers

Back when I was 20, I did singing Telegrams lol - and in a costume too!!!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I stuffed junk mail for a quack "accupressure" company for a year. Just tap your fingers on pressure points and you can cure anything! :cheeky: Didn't work for the chain smoking office manager...

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I worked from 8am to 6pm (sometimes 7pm) with only one half hour break for about six months..........For free.

Stupid girl, I thought it would be my big break. It broke me alright :nono: .

Steel

Ideal_Rock
E B said:
In college, I photographed newborn babies. You know those 'first photos' you see of babies on those softly printed backgrounds, looking all squishy with their eyes barely open? I would push a cart with a sort of 'cradle' attached from room to room in the maternity ward, asking new parents wanted their baby's photo taken.

Awh, I just bet you are a sweetheart!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
E B said:

I want that job NOW. I actually applied for it as a part time job once but the hours didn't work for me :(sad

I once worked for a muscular dystrophy place that called companies asking for donations. It was horrible, and thankfully only lasted a few weeks.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I did the graphic design for a bong catalog.

I airbrushed away armpit and pubic hair from photos for a medical textbook.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I used to buy stuffed animals and toys for a living -best job ever :))

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
swingirl said:

DING DING DING!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl said:
I did the graphic design for a bong catalog.

So that's why most women think they have *excess* body hair!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
MC said:
Elrohwen said:

Goldfish as in the Pepperidge Farm ones? My son would LOVE that job. Do they hire 8-year-olds? He'd probably do it for 1 bag of whole grain chedder an hour. :)

Ha! Yep, those Goldfish. It was actually a horrible job. lol Though they often require 8 year olds for consumer studies, which is super fun! I don't know how you sign up to participate in those though.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I worked in a restaurant that was the "Home of the Singing Waiters" so I would sing songs when I wasn't schlepping spaghetti to the tables. I had to audition for the job... waiting experience was not required.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sold sex toys at parties like tupperware parties. I helped a lot of women but I'm a LOUSY salesperson.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
For three years I was a "category expert" for the well known
on line auction site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results