shape
carat
color
clarity

Had my first BBL laser treatment this morning

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking at the least invasive, quickest recovery, not-obvious-to the-world-I've-done-something, non oozing & crusting methods to get rid of sun damage/spider veins on my face. I know that the ablative lasers are effective after 1 treatment but didn't want to look like the walking dead for a month. Decided to try BBL because the medical spa had a great package price for face, neck & décolletage. I've been home 15 minutes and can already see changes to my red patches and some of the veins. Neck and décolletage are redder and splotchier than my face and I thought my face would react the most.
So far I'm lovin' this and I've decided to get more treatments until all the damage is gone. Probably 2-3 more treatments with 1-2 per year maintenance. Woohoo.

Anyone else have it done and want to relate your experience and results?

BBL, day one hour 1.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not familiar with 'BBL' but I'm interested to see the results! :))

It must be quite a low-powered treatment if it doesn't char the top layer like a steak on a grille? lol

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not familiar with 'BBL'
https://sciton.com/physicians/forever-young-bbl/

There is an interesting longitudinal study that states that skin cell samples from people in their 60's who have had maintenance treatments for 10 years look decades younger under a microscope.

It's an uncomfortable treatment. Most describe it as a rubber band snapping your skin but when the filters are changed to deliver deeper treatment to more damaged areas, it hurrrrrts, but only for a few seconds. Imagine sticking your face in a hornets nest and being repeatedly stung. Ahhh, vanity, thy name is Matata :mrgreen2:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
@Matata , oh that ring in your picture is so beautiful. I know its off topic but it I just wanted to say that.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata , oh that ring in your picture is so beautiful. I know its off topic but it I just wanted to say that.
Thanks! It's a AVC in a custom setting by Brian Gavin.

Reactions: AV_

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be interested in your long term results! I had IPL a couple of years back and today, you wouldn’t know I had it. I also feel it gave me some texture issues.

How do you look and feel today?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing, I already told my dh that I will go for total face reno mode after last baby (due in July) and I am too afraid of anything too invasive. So this sounds perfect. Please keep up posted. Seconding @housecat :how are you doing today?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious too. I have freakishly sensitive skin, but I'm starting to show some texture and sun damage that I've been thinking of having addressed. I've been looking online at some of the photofacial treatments and less invasive laser treatments out there, but haven't been brave enough to bite the bullet yet.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, @kipari, @cmd2014 ... This morning (it's barely 8 a.m. here), I woke up with slight swelling in my face and the redness in my cheeks returned -- not bad, it looks as though I'm a bit flushed. No redness or swelling on neck or décolletage, no discomfort. The person who did the procedure recommended I combine it with micro dermabrasion for better results on deeper wrinkles. I don't know yet if I'll do that. The BBL laser is supposed to diminish fine wrinkles and pores but the really fabulous results I've seen in patient photos are those that have used a combination of treatments.

@House Cat, I've heard others speak about texture changes after IPL. The effects of any of these treatments isn't long term. If we want to sustain any improvement we get, we have to continue the treatments. It's recommended that ablative laser treatments be done every 2-3 years.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata I too will be interested in hearing about the results.

@House Cat , Do you consider the texture changes a good thing or a bad thing?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results