shape
carat
color
clarity

H color + H&A = ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lwan901

Rough_Rock
I find a H color VS2 diamond (1.7 CT), with H&A. Should I go or it? or one G or F color with ideal cut (but not H&A) will be the better choice? I am so so so confused. Thanks.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H is a great color.

lwan901

Rough_Rock
Julie, so you mean we can tell difference between H and G, right?

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I know the experts will want the numbers on this diamond
9.gif
. As far as color goes, I just bought a BEAUTIUFL "M" colored AGS ideal cut VVS .76 carat diamond and I have had nothing but oooh''s and ahhh''s from everybody who has seen it. I wouldn''t worry too much about color, especially not one or two grades.
P.S. my understanding, and I have yet to be proved wrong (go for it!), is that all diamonds that are cut correctly (unless they''re a fancy cut) are "hearts and arrows". Some are branded as such and some are not.

35.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 12:10:06 AM
Author: lwan901

face up with similar cut? probably not.

face up compared to a D? probably yes.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 12:29:44 AM
Author: JulieN

Date: 10/2/2009 12:10:06 AM
Author: lwan901

face up with similar cut? probably not.

face up compared to a D? probably yes.
DITTO!

I''d say go for it as far as color goes so long as the numbers come back all good and dandy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 12:03:11 AM
Author:lwan901
I find a H color VS2 diamond (1.7 CT), with H&A. Should I go or it? or one G or F color with ideal cut (but not H&A) will be the better choice? I am so so so confused. Thanks.
It depends for me on the proportions of each diamond plus images of the hearts and arrows for the one said to be h&a, if you can post that info here we will have a better idea.

Collee

Shiny_Rock
there is a VERY little color difference btwn an G and and H. i have an 1.61 H VS2 H&A and it is pretty darn white to me. not sure if i would even be able to tell the difference btwn a G and H of the same size. but again as mentioned, the cut is key.

do you have a pic or stats on the stone?

ACN

Rough_Rock
Face up, I find it extremely difficult to tell the difference between and I and a D. The D looks a bit more "icy" but that is about it. As for telling the difference between an H vs G...or and F...good luck.
1.gif

You may be more sensitive to color; but go look at some diamonds at your local store (try to find a Hearts on Fire dealer to compare the H&A cut).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results