shape
carat
color
clarity

H color, emerald cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Everything else being equal, to save about $500 (i.e. to put in our price range) would you get a H color in emerald cut? I honestly can''t see the color that well - when I look at mall diamonds I don''t start noticing yellowish-ness until I see J color in a yellow gold band. So for H color in a white gold band should I be OK? (I may have answered my own question, but I do want other opinions.

Thanks!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
*If* you can''t see the color, and you won''t know until you see the diamond under a couple of lighting conditions, then I don''t see why you would want to pay for a higher color when you''re on a budget. Sounds like a good compromise to me!

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Ok, but in general can people see the color in an EC? I doubt I will be able to, I just don''t notice things much, lol, but I don''t want other people to look and go "ew she has a yellow diamond".

LOL

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
I am no expert. But I am looking to buy an EC stone as well. As far the research that I have done for the last month or so, EC shows color and clarity very easily when compared to, say, a round or pricncess cuts. This is the due to the long step cuts. As a result, go for a color G or higher and a clarity VS or higher. If you are on a tight budget, look for SI1 clarity that is eye clean. H color EC will look yellowish when placed side by side with a H color round. I would go with G or better. Color is the most obvious than clarity. Once has to look through a 10X loupe to look for clarity details while one can notice, though subtly, a stone''s color. Unless you find a H color EC with a slight or medium blue flour, I wouldn''t receommend H or lower color for EC. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results