shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A laser inscription...does it mean it''s a true H&A?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hmmm

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a 1.71 carat round brilliant diamond for an engagement ring. It''s VS2, H color and the AGSL certificate shows the following scores:

cut grade: 0
light performance: 0
proportion factors: 0
finish: 0
Polish: ideal
symmetry: ideal

It''s measurements are: 7.68 x 7.71 x 4.72. In the comments section, it says fluorescence: negligible. It says that it has been laser inscribed with AGSL, the report number, and then "H&A" I bought it online so I have not seen it.

Does the fact that AGSL laser inscribed "H&A" on it mean it is a true H&A diamond? I assumed so, but wanted to get some thoughts on it.

Help would be appreciated.
21.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 1:52:56 PM
Author:hmmm
I just purchased a 1.71 carat round brilliant diamond for an engagement ring. It''s VS2, H color and the AGSL certificate shows the following scores:

cut grade: 0
light performance: 0
proportion factors: 0
finish: 0
Polish: ideal
symmetry: ideal

It''s measurements are: 7.68 x 7.71 x 4.72. In the comments section, it says fluorescence: negligible. It says that it has been laser inscribed with AGSL, the report number, and then ''H&A'' I bought it online so I have not seen it.

Does the fact that AGSL laser inscribed ''H&A'' on it mean it is a true H&A diamond? I assumed so, but wanted to get some thoughts on it.

Help would be appreciated.
21.gif
it depends on your definition of true
actually, it depends on the definintion of whoever had the h&a inscription put on there
2.gif

regardless, i''m sure it''s beautiful. it will definitely be better than 95% of the diamonds you will see out there.
enjoy!

dfm00

Rough_Rock
Belle beat me to it, the answer to your question may depend on who is assessing the hearts and arrows effect. Here is one rather stringent (appropriately IMO) definition of H&A:

https://www.pricescope.com/hearts_indx.asp

Nobody here will be able to tell you whether your stone meets his or her standard of H&A without seeing the stone or pictures taken through an H&A viewer. Clearly the cutter/vendor chose to denote it H&A; can''t say whether that was mostly for marketing purposes. I agree that the AGS000 grade is very likely enough to tell you that you''re getting a great diamond, but if having one with true H&A is important to you ask the vendor to take pictures or buy a viewer yourself, they''re quite inexpensive.

Dave

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
The grading labs do not assign the title of, or grade Hearts and Arrows. Whoever owned the diamond had the H&A designation inscribed on the diamond. The AGS Cert is simply stating the fact the inscription is there.

Is it a true H&A?? As Belle and Dfm have said,......... It depends on the Vendor''s/Owner''s definition of H&A.

Some diamond Vendors have very stringent standards for the H&A pattern while others use the H&A designation as a marketing ploy. Bear in mind that many decently well cut diamonds will exhibit the patterns to a certain extent. But are they "true" Hearts and Arrows??!! It''s really gonna depend on who owned the diamond at the time the stone was submitted for grading.

hmmm

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the insight. One follow up. Is it possible to determine who the vendor was by looking at the AGSL certificate?
33.gif

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
hi
would it be possible to reveal how much you paid for this gorgeous diamond?

hmmm

Rough_Rock
I got it on bluenile for $14,300. Overpay?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
you did excellent in the price I think?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
price is fine. Do you see arrows in the viewer...upside-down do you see hearts? If so, then it''s a hearts and arrows stone...who cares about the brand label.

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
Price is EXCELLENT in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results