shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A diamond, supercert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seekingice

Rough_Rock
I would like some feedback concerning a H & A diamond, superbcert. I just started looking, and have looked at prices in the stores and on the web, and decided to buy over the web. Will be sending it to rocdoc to eval.1. I am currently looking at a superbcert stone, and wonder if this make a difference in the overall perspective of this diamond vs another one w/o these specs. Could you also advise me on what would be a good price. 1.71 H VS1 Tb 60.9 Depth 56 polish & sym are excell., crown 34.4 pavillion 40.8 7.76 x 7.8 x 4.74
2. Is there much of a difference between a G Vs. an H color
Thanks
seekingice

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,It's possible to find something else, but difficult. The problem is that it is hard to get the crown and pavilion angle information from many vendors. The price seems competitive to me and with the branding you should be getting some assurance about how well-cut the stone is.You can also look here to find stones with crown and pavilion angles that already have the cut adviser ratings generated.
http://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp The other option is to go through the search engine here and try to get the information about crown and pavilion angles from those vendors. Of course, this takes time.It's always a good idea to send/take the stone to an independent appraiser to verify that you are getting what you are paying for. Hope this helps
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,I hope this answers your question as I wasn't sure exactly what you were asking. This diamond scores very well on the cut adviser on this site. It is possible to find other diamonds with good crown/pavilion angle proportions that will be beautiful as well.As for price, you are paying for a branded diamond, although superbcerts are generally quite reasonably priced for a branded stone. I don't know which vendor you are considering buying from - to compare prices you would have to call a number of superbcert dealers.It is often said that most people can't tell the difference between 1 or 2 *properly graded* color grades, especially once the diamond is mounted. Very well cut diamonds often "face up" better (look whiter) than lesser cut diamonds of the same color grade.Happy hunting!lawmax

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi,Lawmax, thanks. You took the charge here while I was watching Hannibal...
evilD.gif
I like Anthony Hopkins.

seekingice

Rough_Rock
Lawmax,LawThanks for replying.I found this diamond from one of the vendors here.
1. The price is $14500. Am I paying for the brand name? In your opinion, could I purchase a non superbcert. diamond of similiar spec. for less. Or a larger size, or color, etc. w/o the supercert. or any of the combinations.Just trying to get a feel for it, needing to purchase fairly soon.
But looking for a 1.7-1.9, G-H and the other values that are good.seekingice

drewg350

Rough_Rock
Seekingice, I purchased a 1.78 Superbcert last month and it is one of the best looking stones I've seen. I don't think you could go wrong with this Branded H&A's. I looked at two Superbcert stone's last month, 1.78, VVS-1, H, and a 1.78, VS-1, F. I chose the F color because I liked the fact that it was a rarer stone, but I have to say, side by side unmounted, there was only the slightest difference in color, or lack of color. If the two stones were mounted it would be very, very difficult to tell which was which. The cut on both were excellent, and the hearts and arrows pattern's were just as good. My fiance has gotton so many compliments on the stones brilliance, that I believe it was the best decision I made. I think you would be hard pressed to try and find another "unbranded" stone that looks this good without searching for a long time, especially at that price. Good luck, hope this helps!!!!!!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are on the right track mate.
When you have a stone as good as this you must decide if you have the time to spend and risk to take to save another hundred maybe.
I would go with what you have, but maybe have it delivered to an appraiser like Dave Atlas, although a superb cert is safe as a rock.
How was Hannibal? Do I need to watch it? Sounds stressful mate?
Garry H

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just engoyed Anthony Hopkins play. Otherwise, there is not much to see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results