shape
carat
color
clarity

Guys say the darndest things...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I posted on the "Introduce Yourself" page, but I wanted to give a bit more exposition as to why I decided to come and join all you lovely ladies.

So a few weeks ago, he and I were talking about the future. We were talking about moving in together within the next few months (basically as soon as he finds a job down here), merging finances, starting a savings account for a house, etc. I was teasing him a bit about getting married and said something along the lines of, "well, you know I'm not the biggest diamond fan."

To my shock, he said "I know. You like sapphires...I was thinking sapphire and platinum for an engagement ring."

Now, since that was really the first time the subject of e-rings had come up, I was a bit floored that he actually knew EXACTLY what I would want. My reaction was something along the lines of, "Uhhh, well, yes, but...how did you KNOW that?"

He apparenty gleaned the information from random conversations we've had without me ever directly bringing it up. No wonder I love this guy
3.gif
We even discussed a loose timeline (basically, aiming for something like a spring/summer 2010 wedding).

After we had that conversation, I started to do a bit of looking around online (I guess I got the bug, even though the big question is at least a year away.) and came across pricescope. And now here I am! Thanks for creating such a nice vibe--most of my friends in real life are guys, and I think that if I talked to them about this stuff, they'd A. be bored out of their minds, or B. think I was a bit silly for being concerned with any of this.

ravengirl

Rough_Rock
Aww, how great that he knows your taste so well. :)

I just wanted to come and mention that I was excited to see someone else on the boards who isn''t expecting a proposal for 1-2 years. I''m in the same boat, and feel a little silly having just joined the board this week...but I decided I''d been lurking long enough! Good to have you here.

35.gif

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
thats a huge sign he''s the one!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, come on over to the Coloured stones bit and check out all our bling!

Have you been on Cherrypicked and the Natural Sapphire Companies sites yet? Mmmmmm

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 5:02:35 PM
Author: Pandora II
Oooh, come on over to the Coloured stones bit and check out all our bling!

Have you been on Cherrypicked and the Natural Sapphire Companies sites yet? Mmmmmm
Gotta love all the enabling on this site! lol. Welcome to the board, and I am another one that is years (yeah, that''s right, YEARS) away so don''t feel ashamed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results