shape
carat
color
clarity

Gunmetal or Pewter leather handbag..where??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been searching for a new handbag..leather preferably..metallic in color, gunmetal or pewter. I know there is a ton of selection in the uS, but I am in Canada. Are there any online vendors that I can purchase from, that will ship here? I already checked qvc (not much there). I like Elliott Lucca and some Tignanello bags..trying to keep it at below $ 220 US. (with shipping and taxes..etc..that will be about $325). Thanks

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
little above your budget, but Michael Kor''s has a cute one Astor Hobo at $378

MKV090W_mn.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Paula , those are both great bags. I did manage to find the MK hobo on E-bay (new) for have the price...I like that one!! Any other sites to purchase from? Is there a store that sells Tignanello or Lucca??

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2009 11:04:23 PM
Author: PaulaW
here is Coach''s Penelope Shopper at $348 http://www.coach.com
LOVE. THIS. BAG.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I really like the platinum color, but it wouldn''t be very practical for me, so I''m hoping to get the black one in the near future.
31.gif

Good luck, Beau!
21.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 1:02:58 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

LOVE. THIS. BAG.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I really like the platinum color, but it wouldn''t be very practical for me, so I''m hoping to get the black one in the near future.
31.gif

Good luck, Beau!
21.gif
Why wouldn''t it be practical?? The metallics go with everything...kind of like black does??

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2009 5:04:57 PM
Author: beau13

LOVE. THIS. BAG.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

31.gif

Good luck, Beau!
21.gif
Why wouldn''t it be practical?? The metallics go with everything...kind of like black does??
Well, only because I''ve been needing a nice black leather bag, so that''s what I''m really "looking for" right now. I really do like the platinum one, though!
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paula that is a beautiful bag!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 11:31:40 AM
LOVE. THIS. BAG.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

31.gif

Good luck, Beau!
21.gif
Well, only because I''ve been needing a nice black leather bag, so that''s what I''m really ''looking for'' right now. I really do like the platinum one, though!
30.gif
It sort of depends on your area, too... Where I live, metallics were ''in'' for everyday bags 5+ years ago, but really NOT anymore. People are still carrying small bags (mostly clutches) in metallics for evening/club, but I don''t see them for day anymore (though I should disclaim that there are certainly pockets groups in which metallics are still fashionable for day, though primarily in hardware and other metal accents rather than metallic leather).

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2009 4:38:34 PM
Author: musey

Date: 5/2/2009 11:31:40 AM

LOVE. THIS. BAG.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

31.gif

Good luck, Beau!
21.gif
Well, only because I''ve been needing a nice black leather bag, so that''s what I''m really ''looking for'' right now. I really do like the platinum one, though!
30.gif
It sort of depends on your area, too... Where I live, metallics were ''in'' for everyday bags 5+ years ago, but really NOT anymore. People are still carrying small bags (mostly clutches) in metallics for evening/club, but I don''t see them for day anymore (though I should disclaim that there are certainly pockets groups in which metallics are still fashionable for day, though primarily in hardware and other metal accents rather than metallic leather).
Musey, I think that''s another reason why I would hesitate to get a metallic bag. You don''t really see them around here much at all, and I guess I''d feel a little weird!
37.gif

Black, on the other hand, is timeless! So I definitely feel safe buying a black bag.
5.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I like black, and brown for fall, and winter. We only have a couple months of the year to wear vibrant colors (coral, turquoise, pinks, with white and cool metals..I love wearing silver and white gold, with a tan, it looks so good against the darker skin! My favourite look is all white, and loads of silver bangles, big silver hoops, and a silver or gunmetal colored handbag, a great summer look! Or change the cool metal, to yellow gold accessories, and a soft gold handbag! The stores here have a ton of metallic shoes, belts, handbags this season. I think for the summer months..a metallic handbag (with my metallic flip flops, mules) is a great change from the drab, dark colors we wear the other 9 months of the year. Before you know it, I'll be trading in the metallic sandals, for the brown or black boots and handbags.
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well since we have 9 months of GOOD weather a year metallic is a neutral here. I love warm weather so feel so LUCKY to live in the south!
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I decided on this grey/silver Coach tote. Not overly bright, with metallic trim. Big enough to house all my junk, and I think it will go with 90% of my summer wardrobe! Thanks for the recs. Can''t wait for it to arrive in a couple days (best thing I was able to get it right here in Canada for a little less than $200, with no extra taxes, duty, custom fees..etc).
36.gif

silver coach bag.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 5:02:32 PM
I decided on this grey/silver Coach tote. Not overly bright, with metallic trim. Big enough to house all my junk, and I think it will go with 90% of my summer wardrobe! Thanks for the recs. Can''t wait for it to arrive in a couple days (best thing I was able to get it right here in Canada for a little less than $200, with no extra taxes, duty, custom fees..etc).
36.gif
Ohhh, Beau, I love this! When it arrives, make sure you take pics and post in the "Show Me Your Coach" thread!
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 6:13:06 PM

36.gif
Ohhh, Beau, I love this! When it arrives, make sure you take pics and post in the ''Show Me Your Coach'' thread!
30.gif
I definitely will! It''s shipping out tomorrow, X-press post, so I should have it Thursday, Friday at the latest!
It was hard to find a Coach bag with silver or gunmetal trim, most I seen had gold. I think it will suffice for the 3 months of the year I will use it! I would have preferred leather..but after what I did today with my Coach bag (fabric), I think this is a better option. The water bottle I threw in my bag, didn''t have the cap on properly, and well..you can say everything is a bit soggy right now!! lol

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
oooohhh Beau!! Nice job! I really love the one you got!
You know it''s funny, there are very few things in life I get nutty over but get me talking about bags and jewelry and watch out!! Haha! I am so glad we have both on ps!
I have a new (to me) MK bag I am eyeing. I keep getting beat on ebay for them but once I get my hands on one, I''ll post pics for ya!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 7:38:06 PM

Date: 5/4/2009 6:13:06 PM

36.gif
Ohhh, Beau, I love this! When it arrives, make sure you take pics and post in the ''Show Me Your Coach'' thread!
30.gif
I definitely will! It''s shipping out tomorrow, X-press post, so I should have it Thursday, Friday at the latest!
It was hard to find a Coach bag with silver or gunmetal trim, most I seen had gold. I think it will suffice for the 3 months of the year I will use it! I would have preferred leather..but after what I did today with my Coach bag (fabric), I think this is a better option. The water bottle I threw in my bag, didn''t have the cap on properly, and well..you can say everything is a bit soggy right now!! lol
Oops! Sounds like something I would do! LOL!
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
The Coach bag just arrived! It''s GORGEOUS !! It''s a bit smaller than I had expected..but I can still manage to fit all my junk into in I''m sure!
I will post pics in the "Showme your Coach" section tomorrow!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Yeah for new Coach. I hope you love it.

clop

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful Coach bag! I LOVE pewter/gunmetal, especially in metallic. I consider grey/dk grey metallic a neutral, like black or tan. IMO it''s not as ''dark'' as a black bag; and it''s not a ''flashy metallic'' like a bright sliver or gold. It can be perfectly understated. It''s perfect for summer too (I wear mine year round, and actually don''t own a black bag!). Burberry & Chanel have gorgeous pewter metallics, it may be possible to score a Burberry deeply discounted at an outlet, or on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results