shape
carat
color
clarity

Gum Graft?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone had a gum graft aka gingival graft?

I have to see a periodontist soon as my dentist has recommended one for at least 1 tooth, and maybe a few more as well.

The interwebs seem to be full of horror stories, so I figured I would turn to my trusty PS friends and see if anyone here has gone through this.

It is doubly complicated as we are TTC and I don't think this is a procedure that is recommended during pregnancy, especially not my awful hyperemisis-complicated pregnancy...

Any advice re donor vs. your own tissue, recovery time, what to expect, questions to ask the periodontist, etc. are most appreciated!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds horrifying, I think I would give up and get dentures!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I know, right?!

It's just one tooth (and maybe my bottom front teeth, but hopefully not). My gum is receeding for no clear reason. My tooth is healthy and pretty much perfect, but the gum has been steadily losing ground. It could be a side effect of the braces I had a kid. So strange...

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
If you get it done, please post how the experience was. I've read that if you don't remove tissue from your palate, that the recovery isn't too painful. If you do, it feels like a severe burn on the roof of your mouth. I think the mouth guard you have to wear during recovery is also uncomfortable. It's better to get it done now vs. when you're pregnant. Can you imagine how terrible that would be?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results