shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess the colour

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
Hello! Wondering what the colour of this diamond resembles in other peoples opinion. Thought it would be interesting to get some feedback on how it looks!
20200827_123404.jpg 20200826_124747.jpg

Attachments

• 20200827_103932.jpg
    20200827_103932.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 14

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perception of the colour will be influenced by the type of lighting being used, the walls of the room being used, whether it's on your hand or some paper, the colour of any paper it is on, the settings on the camera, the settings on the viewers' screens, the viewers' personal perceptions of colour...

It's impossible to predict a graded colour, in short ;-) :))

What does it say on the grading report?

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
Perception of the colour will be influenced by the type of lighting being used, the walls of the room being used, whether it's on your hand or some paper, the colour of any paper it is on, the settings on the camera, the settings on the viewers' screens, the viewers' personal perceptions of colour...

Of course! It's all highly variable, just interest to hear peoples initial "oh that looks like a ____ ish colour" :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G/H

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agree.

Of course! It's all highly variable, just interest to hear peoples initial "oh that looks like a ____ ish colour" :)

J is my guess from your photos.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
H/I

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
H/I though we don't judge color face up, but face down.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
j/k but we're mostly seeing the color of your hand I think

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It is 2 carats, vs1, 10.18mmx7.25mm

It is stunning. What do you plan doing with it. I have a 1.2 oval on the way, just over 8x6 but looking at this I’ve already got diamond shrinkage happening ha ha!

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
It is stunning. What do you plan doing with it. I have a 1.2 oval on the way, just over 8x6 but looking at this I’ve already got diamond shrinkage happening ha ha!

I think a 1.2 oval will be perfect! For a long time that was the size I was thinking of getting, substantial without being obnoxious :)

I'm setting it in this rose gold setting! What are you planning on doing with yours? setting.PNG setting2.PNG

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
I think a 1.2 oval will be perfect! For a long time that was the size I was thinking of getting, substantial without being obnoxious :)

I'm setting it in this rose gold setting! What are you planning on doing with yours? setting.PNG setting2.PNG

Im doing mine in a halo with side baguettes. Similar to this picture. If I wasn’t doing a halo I probably would have went bigger but the halo will up the finger coverage anyway. It’s already made and was shipped yesterday so I am waiting (not so) patiently for the delivery truck!

C8849D10-7AFC-4C1F-9677-4A21DD8EE83D.jpeg

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
Im doing mine in a halo with side baguettes. Similar to this picture. If I wasn’t doing a halo I probably would have went bigger but the halo will up the finger coverage anyway. It’s already made and was shipped yesterday so I am waiting (not so) patiently for the delivery truck!

C8849D10-7AFC-4C1F-9677-4A21DD8EE83D.jpeg

Oh I love that! I've been really liking baguettes lately, and small halos like the one in your picture compliment ovals so well. The wait is brutal!! Hope to see an update once it's in :)

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love that! I've been really liking baguettes lately, and small halos like the one in your picture compliment ovals so well. The wait is brutal!! Hope to see an update once it's in :)

I will defo post pics once I get it! Looking forward to seeing your creation also! Where did you source the diamond and who is doing the ring for you?

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
I will defo post pics once I get it! Looking forward to seeing your creation also! Where did you source the diamond and who is doing the ring for you?

I got the stone from Vrai & the setting custom made from an etsy shop called LoveRingsDesign. Did you source yours online or locally?

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
I got the stone from Vrai & the setting custom made from an etsy shop called LoveRingsDesign. Did you source yours online or locally?

I am actually having mine done via a company I found on IG. It is a bit of a risk as I had not heard about them before or had a recommendation but I got a good vibe from the first message and so took a chance! I’m in Ireland so sourcing lab diamonds (that don’t cost almost as much as mined diamonds) is impossible so online was my only option!

The process so far has been great they have been very helpful and patient with my many questions and changes but I won’t mention the name just yet until I get the ring and inspect it myself. Fingers crossed it works out and the workmanship is good but it was such a bargain I felt it was worth the chance on having the ring made by them! I should have it Tuesday so I will come back with an update!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock

Hey Sparkleeez I collect my ring a few days ago and am delighted with it! Here’s a few pics (lighting is not great but it’s so hard to get a good pic)

B68DB688-8672-48CB-BF76-5454DA27611B.jpeg 6D53056F-6525-47FD-A6BB-A0300C618109.jpeg
8030CF9A-7CD8-4C22-8115-BF216D750D72.jpeg

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
Hey Sparkleeez I collect my ring a few days ago and am delighted with it! Here’s a few pics (lighting is not great but it’s so hard to get a good pic)

B68DB688-8672-48CB-BF76-5454DA27611B.jpeg 6D53056F-6525-47FD-A6BB-A0300C618109.jpeg
8030CF9A-7CD8-4C22-8115-BF216D750D72.jpeg

Just saw this now, looks fantastic! So glad it turned into well for you!!

love succulents

Rough_Rock
Hello! Wondering what the colour of this diamond resembles in other peoples opinion. Thought it would be interesting to get some feedback on how it looks!
20200827_123404.jpg 20200826_124747.jpg

Looks great! Do you happen to have a link to the Vrai/DF video? Their videos tend to be brown/pink-tinged but I really like how yours is IRL so curious to see the contrast. I’m also looking at their oval stones.

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
Looks great! Do you happen to have a link to the Vrai/DF video? Their videos tend to be brown/pink-tinged but I really like how yours is IRL so curious to see the contrast. I’m also looking at their oval stones.

Unfortunately I don't as they disappear once purchased but I did take a screen recording of the video. Here are some pictures from it, apologies for the quality but you get the idea!

I noticed the same brown/pink tinge in many of their stones. I also noticed that their colour grading seems quite generous at times. So with that in mind I specifically chose a faintly yellow tinted stone that was comparatively less coloured than some other "I" rated ones on the site if that helps! There is no brown or pink that show up in my stone - so I would recommend waiting for one that appears more yellowy if the brown is something that bothers you :) front2.PNG profile 2.PNG

love succulents

Rough_Rock
1. Super helpful! I also noticed that not all their videos are similarly calibrated. So looks like yours had a brighter background and looked way less dark than other ones — but gives me hope that the other videos might also just have darker brightness/exposure. Of course, I’ll probably just need to see it in person. But super encouraging! Thank you!

2.AND THE RING. Totally stunning! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your finger size? Love the finger coverage.

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
1. Super helpful! I also noticed that not all their videos are similarly calibrated. So looks like yours had a brighter background and looked way less dark than other ones — but gives me hope that the other videos might also just have darker brightness/exposure. Of course, I’ll probably just need to see it in person. But super encouraging! Thank you!

2.AND THE RING. Totally stunning! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your finger size? Love the finger coverage.

I noticed the same thing about the brightness! It varies widely.

Finger size is 6! Stone dimensions 10.18x7.25x4.29

Sparkleeez

Rough_Rock
Thank you! And congrats on the ring again. Love love love it!

Thank you! Vrai does have a return (and an upgrade) policy so I felt more confident ordering and returning if needed!

Also of note is that for ovals, Vrai mostly has 8 main and 4 main facet patterns. So if you're shopping for ovals bear in mind they look significantly different. Mine is a 8 main offset pattern!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results