shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom's Outfit

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So I may have mentioned previously but we're going for a more chill kind of vibe for your wedding. We're going to be outdoors and are getting married on FI's family farm. The outfit we are thinking for him is a light gray vest with matching pants and a white button down (possibly s striped option, but not sure yet) and a tie. I want his sleeves rolled up (more casual and totally HIM) and he'll be wearing these nice black dress shoes that he already owns. We're going shopping for his outfit this weekend and we're also going to pick out the groomsmen's outfits as well. I'm thinking we're going to hit up the usual locations like Banana Republic, Express and J Crew, but do you have any other suggestions? Also, since we're not going for a tux, would the groomsmen have to buy their own outfit, or can we find something similar to FI's (we were thinking a dark gray pant, white button down and suspenders with a tie for them) that they can rent at say, Men's Warehouse? I don't even know where to begin to look for their outfits if we opt for them to rent them.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugo Boss, Theory, H&M.

I suggest you let the groomsmen wear whatever they like. Everything seems so non-conformist and casual, it is a bit anachronistic to make grown men all wear the same outfit. If it were me, I'd probably let them know what the groom is wearing, then say no jeans, wear a tie, and to have fun with colors, patterns, and accessories

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Similar to what we did; DH wore a gray suit he already owned, we picked out a new shirt and tie for him in blues. We asked the groomsmen to wear dark pants, a blue button down and whatever accessory they wanted- we had 3 ties and 1 bow tie. It was too hot to ask for jackets to be worn. DH took his jacket off after the ceremony, but left his sleeves down- I love the rolled sleeve look but he was wearing antique family cuff links so they stayed down. Of course, I also told my bridesmaids to choose something in the blush pink family somewhere between "Sunday" clothes and cocktail attire- didn't care about seperates, patterns, or styles. So mix and match was the order of the day.

DH's suit was from Macy's originally, and the new shirt from Kenneth Cole, and the tie from Express.

Maybe give them some parameters like dark pants and white shirts, and then give them all matching suspenders as their groomsmen gifts so they all have a coordinating look without everyone needing to purchase a whole new suit.

You're thinking right along my personal style lines, though, so I am sure it will be wonderful no matter how it works outs!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do gray pants, white shirt and suspenders like you suggested. I love it.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
This weekend I suggested to FI about giving the groomsmen some parameters and letting them do their own thing and FI did NOT like that idea lol He has a very strong opinion about wedding things (which kind of surprised me) and this is one thing he is sure he doesn't want. He thinks he can only count on 1 of the groomsmen to pick something decent on his own. Pretty funny actually! So gray pants, white shirt and tie (maybe) will be picked out by us and we will instruct them what to buy/rent. Oh how I love it when FI puts his foot down with something wedding related. It's pretty cute :)

affguy

Shiny_Rock
We went with purchasing because it seemed silly to rent for almost as much. I went with Alfani Red, and got my groomsmen to buy pants and vest (total $125) and told them to wear black leather (not patent) dress shoes, and white shirts with the sleeves rolled. I bought the jacket for myself, to look a little different, and we'll all wear suspenders for if we decide to ditch the jacket/vests after the ceremony. I'm buying the ties, but haven't found what I want yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results