shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey spinel ring - accurate color shot

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A number of people asked about the color of my spinel. I have one photo I took today when I received it, which is the exact color of the stone. I really think this is the ideal grey spinel color and am just posting it here in case anyone is trying to get an idea of what's out there. This one is from Jeff Davies.

8.25mm x 7.5mm, .7ctw E/F VS mrb diamonds, platinum setting. Click on the photo for the best view of the color and to see how the faceting interacts with the color to get the most out of it.

20181211_163509.jpg

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Love the gray!
It's fascinating seeing the different grays you can get with a spinel – it's easy to think of gray as "just gray," but there are so many more options than that...

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I love grey stones! This makes me so happy to see!! Very pretty!!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and the perfect setting for it! I see hints of lavender in the grey that give it a classic and ethereal nature. Enjoy your beautiful ring! It looks lovely on you.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Truly fabulous. The perfect shade of grey.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Love that shade of gray, it's perfect! :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love: looks more violet but this is the type of grey to set in Platinum!:appl:

Pink(er) greys are a bit softer than this. work very well in rose gold and white diamonds. ... *salivates*

I'm a sucker for all grey spinels really....lol

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ideal indeed...I am not normally a grey person but would totally wear your beauty!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing how different the color is from David’s photos! I like it even better in yours!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like it has a touch of purple in your pic. It’s a lovely stone. Your ring is elegant. I had never heard of grey spinels before Pricescope. They are favorites of mine. Are they favorites of yours?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color, the size, the proportions and the prongs. Its fair to say its one of the prettiest spinel rings I've seen a PSer make. =)2

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A number of people asked about the color of my spinel. I have one photo I took today when I received it, which is the exact color of the stone. I really think this is the ideal grey spinel color and am just posting it here in case anyone is trying to get an idea of what's out there. This one is from Jeff Davies.

8.25mm x 7.5mm, .7ctw E/F VS mrb diamonds, platinum setting. Click on the photo for the best view of the color and to see how the faceting interacts with the color to get the most out of it.

20181211_163509.jpg
Stop it Mrs-b, stop it! You're killing me! I've acquired so many ideas, inspirations and wants from looking at your incredible jewelry collection. You are a danger to my wallet and bank account! (...adds grey spinel ring to the "list"... :dance:)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lilmosun - the color in it is glorious.

@alene - the exact color of it is more colorful than my hand shots show, and not nearly as mauve as DKJ's shots show. It's much richer and more velvety in real life. It has black flashes, which emphasize its color, and that really adds visual interest.

Thank you, @LisaRN!

@chatoyancy - yes. I love spinels. The really good ones are NOT cheap, tho, and the red ones, which are my favorite, can be very expensive indeed. Worth every penny, in my opinion. :))

Thanks you, @minousbijoux! I love the style and always have done. The triangular shaped 3 stone configuration is a long time favorite of mine.

@natasha-cupcake - I'm sure your love for my jewelry is at LEAST equalled and probably surpassed by my adoration for your new GP ring! It's glorious! (but thank you for the kind words :)) )

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone is such a beautiful shade of grey :love:. The setting compliments the stone perfectly!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect. I had forgotten about this ring and it makes me much happier about my cad. Thanks again.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stop it Mrs-b, stop it! You're killing me! I've acquired so many ideas, inspirations and wants from looking at your incredible jewelry collection. You are a danger to my wallet and bank account! (...adds grey spinel ring to the "list"... :dance:)

I call her a role model!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20181211_163509.jpg

Just STUNNING!! I love the setting.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20181211_163509.jpg
beautiful
just beautiful
i think im kind of flabbergasted by it its just so beautiful
(i want one !)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thank you, ladies! This is such a wearable and lovely ring - I'd recommend this style to anyone.

And @whitewave - I'm glad you saw this again - I think yours will be every bit as lovely!

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
An amazing grey, @mrs-b! :appl: Do you remember what descriptors Jeff used to describe the colour?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!!! A lot of new people don't realise grey spinels come in a vast range of different shade colours plus they change colour depending upon where you are ie low light to bright lighting. Yours is very pretty - I especially like the setting.

Mina-Lo

Shiny_Rock

20181211_163509.jpg

Umm...mrs-b, hubba hubba! :love:

This is the EXACT colour and shaped spinel i have been looking for. Congratulation, it is beautiful!

Do you mind if I ask where you sourced the stone from?

Wear it in great health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results