shape
carat
color
clarity

Greetings from Scotland

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a terrific place. We landed in Edinburg, trained to Oban where we visited the isles of Mull and Iona, drove to Mallaig and hiked, and ferried the car to the Isle of Skye. The weather has been wet and cool and the challenge on walks is to not disappear into a bog.

For any PSers who are Harry Potter fans, the pic of the viaduct is where the train traveled to Hogwarts. It's near Glenfinnan where several scenes for the movies were shot. The other pics are from places we've visited.

uploadfromtaptalk1438355998771.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just realized I deleted most of the pics from my phone. The weather is windy and rainy on Skye. Hubs walked to town and I decided to eat chocolate and drink whisky by a cozy fire at our hotel.
Sorry, pics won't load. WiFi here is kind of wonky.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1438356762|3909448 said:
Hubs walked to town and I decided to eat chocolate and drink whisky by a cozy fire at our hotel.

OMG I am so jealous right now - how fun. Enjoy!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your trip!!!! =)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Cool pic! Thanks for sharing! Have a great time on your trip!

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
So jealous. DH and I went there 4 years ago, and if it was up to me, I'd just keep going back again and again. Or maybe stay forever. Have a great time!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Have a great trip!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have fun :wavey: !

Signed,
living vicariously

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ceud mile failte!

Are you a knitter? If you go to Broadford on Skye, pop in to the Handspinner store at the old pier. You'll get a lovely coffee and home baked cake in the bakery next door, very welcome in a wet day! Also highly recommend Seabreezes restaurant on Portree harbour, if you're in the area. Eta cafe Sis in Broadford is also excellent. Try their home roast coffee, it's very good.

Where are you going next? If you're in Edinburgh, I'd recommend a tour of the Old Town. Come and see the Court of Session, Scotland's supreme court. I'm there most days, and I never get tired of its beauty.

Hope you're having a wonderful time, but I'm sorry about the weather. Even by our standards it is truly miserable :(sad

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer W thank you much for corroborating our guidebook recommendations. We spent our first 3 days in Edinburgh and will return there for 1 night before we leave for home. But first, we travel to Keswick to hike the lake district. You have a beautiful country and everyone we have met has been friendly and willing to share local lore.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, the Lake District is beautiful! Have a wonderful time! If you're looking for somewhere special to eat in Edinburgh, see if you can get a table at the Witchery. It's enchanting, and the food is exceptional. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved Scotland, so jealous!!!!! But I'm glad you're there, Matata. Have a great time and love to see more pics, please!

(How are your cats taking this reduction in services?!)

ETA: Finn, my avatar, notes you are visiting his ancestral home and wishes you a wonderful vacation!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie said:
Loved Scotland, so jealous!!!!! But I'm glad you're there, Matata. Have a great time and love to see more pics, please!

(How are your cats taking this reduction in services?!)

ETA: Finn, my avatar, notes you are visiting his ancestral home and wishes you a wonderful vacation!
So far Atticus is the only cat who is giving the sitter some problems. F1 savannahs strongly bond with their people and do not like any sort of change so he's either being very sweet to her or in full brat mode. And he's known her ever since I brought him home. She's used to his antics. At least this time he didn't stage a hunger strike. I miss my boys.

The photo editing feature on my Nexus isn't very good so can't crop them enough to post. Will post pics when we get home.

Fialte to Finn.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
As it is rumored to be hovering near and just above 100 degrees this week in Texas . . . is it any surprise that I'm completely jealous of you at this moment?

Sitting in front of a fire, indeed. :snooty:
Sipping scotch, no less. :hand:

Have a wonderful time, and there had darn well better be photos when you are back, that's all I'm saying.

:mrgreen:
:wink2:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky you!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our hotel in Portree, Isle of Skye & view from hotel;

uploadfromtaptalk1438974969830.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438974989959.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

uploadfromtaptalk1438975121605.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
. My favorite rainy day treat of whisky & chocolate, best eaten by the fire

uploadfromtaptalk1438975286270.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438975438038.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holyrood Palace and Abbey, Edinburgh

uploadfromtaptalk1438975597247.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438975660028.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

uploadfromtaptalk1438975738528.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Great photos!

It all looks very romantic and atmospheric.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics, wonderful!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: thank you for sharing!!!! Looked like an amazing hotel, was it?

Reaction of cats on your return, was The Kittie Kold Shoulder utilized????

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
So jealous! I always wanted to go to Holyrood House and see the room here Riccio died! {gory, I know}

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare said:
So jealous! I always wanted to go to Holyrood House and see the room here Riccio died! {gory, I know}
I kept looking for overlooked blood splatters but didn't find any. LOL. All of Mary's rooms have a palpable vibe.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie said:
Great pics, wonderful!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: thank you for sharing!!!! Looked like an amazing hotel, was it?

Reaction of cats on your return, was The Kittie Kold Shoulder utilized????
Not home yet. Waiting for last flight out of Denver. Catsitter said Atticus knocked her down once. Can't wait to get home to my boys.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Matata|1439078963|3912615 said:
Amber St. Clare said:
I kept looking for overlooked blood splatters but didn't find any. LOL. All of Mary's rooms have a palpable vibe.

ooohhhh so jealous! Tudor/Stuart history is my absolute favorite! Did you see any of Mary's needlework? I know she was famous for them, especially during her captivities.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful pictures! =) 8-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'd love to go there as my husband's ancestors are from Scotland. Hopefully soon! Please post more pictures when you can!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooooooooooh I am green with envy! :love: I absolutely adore Scotland and my ancestors are also from there (Stirling area). Hubby and I would love nothing more than to move there for a few years.

Love the photos - keep it up. :wavey:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you managed to get some reasonable weather, this has been one of the wettest summers I can remember! How did you like Mull? Iona is one of my favourite places in the world, there's something so spiritual and peaceful about it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results