shape
carat
color
clarity

"Green" Favor Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I'm Emily, and until today, I was opposed to favors.

(Hi Emily.)

While reading through the posts of another wedding planning community I'm involved in, I stumbled upon the cutest idea. For each $1.00 (one for each guest) donated, arborday.org will plant a tree to replace victims of forest fires. To inform guests of this, we'll print a cute message on this paper: Grow a Note Paper. The paper is embedded with seeds, and if crumbled, planted and watered, wildflowers will grow! Squee!

We've already secured our location (The Dallas Arboretum), so I figured the tree/seed planting favors would not only work well with our garden theme, it'd be helping the environment.

So, what do you think?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Love Love Love it!

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
ooh, I love it!! Fits in with the arboretum perfectly, and will give them memories of your wedding whenever they look at the wildflowers that grew!! Great idea!

p.s. I am anti-favor too, except for a photo with each guest, but I agree with changing your allegiance in this situation!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow those ideas are awesome (the tree planting and the plantable notepaper)!!! A friend of mine had favors that were packets of wildflower seeds...but this plantable notepaper sounds perfect!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful idea!
30.gif

You are sending something sustaining and pretty (the flowers) home with your guests, rather than something they won''t use or will just eat, not to mention the warm glow of bettering the enviroment! *applauds wildly*
36.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, LOVE this idea!! (And my FI would too...hmmmm....) Another one I''ve always liked that is more on the practical side than "cutesy"... I lost my grandmother to ovarian cancer several years ago, and several of FI''s relatives have fought through breast cancer... so we''ve considered donating money to those causes, then distributing the representative rubber bracelets as favors. Still not sure which direction we''ll go with all that though....

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
Hiya!
Love the seed idea! I was totally opposed to favors too but we decided to do packets of shamrock seeds for luck (our wedding is on a Friday the 13th). It just fit too perfectly, just like your favor idea! Ours will have an irish wedding blessing on the packet.
Nicole

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you guys like it! I think we can get creative with the paper, and the favors will come out to about $1.25/pp, not bad whatsoever!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
cute... DH got this as a favor at a wedding he went to a few years ago. They bought premade ones, that were cut into butterfly shapes, and came w/a cute card explaining. Maybe you could invest in one of those big fancy shape punchers and punch some cute shapes for the paper... and present them that way!!

ALthough, to be honest, the paper sat on my desk for a long time, I kept meaning to plant it but never did... dunnos what happened to it, maybe it got sucked into the black hole that is my desk...
14.gif

ETA: I like how you're donating, we did the same- except we donated to UNICEF and just had a card on each table explaining.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this I really do. Fabulous idea.
30.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I love your idea Ebree!

Scintillating...

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
A cousin of mine used the wildflower paper last year for a favor bag tag, and it was very cute. I love this idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results