shape
carat
color
clarity

Green diamond with green fluorescence

AndrewAWoody

Rough_Rock
Back to your original question re the green diamond, both natural and “coloured enhanced” diamonds are subject to irradiation to produce the colour. That’s why it can be difficult even for the GIA to differentiate between natural and enhanced. I believe that if they can’t tell, they decline to declare either way.
If you are planning to sell the diamond a GIA report will help with the sale.
I have been buying on eBay for over 15 years and have “scored” a number of times but it’s more luck than my talent. It’s definitely worth your while, if you have time and patience, to sift through listings. Sometimes people are lazy, sometimes people are mistaken so opportunities do come up.
Just don’t overspend and be prepared to be wrong on occasion. As I’ve discovered, not all things ”hallmarked” are in fact solid / real.
Enjoy your new hobby.

And as to color, yes, I researched a lot about green diamonds. Hoping someone here could help me and mentioned flourescence because I've seen very few diamonds glow like vasaline glass in my research of UV light and diamonds. Figured someone on here might have a natural green diamond with same UV glow or not. Since Diamonds turn green over a very long time exposed to radiation I was hoping that because mine glows like uranium glass it was also colored by uranium, same color. Also the hallmark on the ring is gem orianted, so when I bought it I assumed they placed top notch gems in settings. Still looking into maker but can't take clear picture of it.

AndrewAWoody

Rough_Rock
Back to your original question re the green diamond, both natural and “coloured enhanced” diamonds are subject to irradiation to produce the colour. That’s why it can be difficult even for the GIA to differentiate between natural and enhanced. I believe that if they can’t tell, they decline to declare either way.
If you are planning to sell the diamond a GIA report will help with the sale.
I have been buying on eBay for over 15 years and have “scored” a number of times but it’s more luck than my talent. It’s definitely worth your while, if you have time and patience, to sift through listings. Sometimes people are lazy, sometimes people are mistaken so opportunities do come up.
Just don’t overspend and be prepared to be wrong on occasion. As I’ve discovered, not all things ”hallmarked” are in fact solid / real.
Enjoy your new hobby.

Not meaning to brag here, really not. Ive bought a crap ton of stuff that breaks even but I research it all. Once bought two Steiff bears for $5 dollars and made $500 on them so when I say I look at EVRYTHING in Good Will I look at everything. Glass dishes, toys, shoes, ETC...I know a lot of things and am learning more about gems, still stuck on green till it stops paying off :) My not peridot model is doing well for me. I know for a fact what Peridot is so I buy everything else that is obviously not it, working for me so far. PS, buy some Fannie Mae stock, FNMA. About to blow up on Supreme Court decision. I've got just under $4k in it. Will at least double by end of month. I buy and sell everything 8-)

AndrewAWoody

Rough_Rock
the only thing I am selling right now is a 10K sash buckle. I bought it at scrap $300, that's what I do.It's the only thing I ever had tested for gold at a pawn shop that offered OVER scrap value. Beautiful piiece, one of a kind, mine.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond or not, this thread makes me feel so bad for peridot. One could think it's the worst, cheapest, dummest stone ever. Yet it is beautiful and can indeed be worth quite a lot and set in high end jewellery if of excellent quality and cut. Just wanted to say... ;-)

helphelp911

Rough_Rock
Diamond or not, this thread makes me feel so bad for peridot. One could think it's the worst, cheapest, dummest stone ever. Yet it is beautiful and can indeed be worth quite a lot and set in high end jewellery if of excellent quality and cut. Just wanted to say... ;-)

I agree with you. I think it is the only "GREEN" gem i can afford for 5ct+ . I really like those grass green peridot.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Try to look for naturals on the girdle with brown spots (irradiation stains of the original rough). They usually leave some on. If not, be prepared to get undetermined at best from GIA as in abscence of that brown stained natural(s) labs usually cannot determine color origin either. I love and collect green diamonds and while staying in Antwerp had fun sending many of them in for a preliminary and my findings were confirmed. Sadly many of the nicest colored greens could not be determined due to the abscence of the original skin. But I did this for fun and not for full reports and these were smaller stones, i.e., 0.18-0.25 cts. My 1.05 Fancy Blue-Green came with a GIA and does in fact have a natural. Based on the color I am seeing here, it looks color enhanced but you may never find out and impossible to tell much based on only photos.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I can't resist - hope OP is doing better on his "not peridot" than his FNMA stock. :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im pretty good at buying awesome jewlery at good prices. Here is a persian turquoise 18k diamond brooch i paid scrap for when gold was around $2000 an ounce. Perry's checked it out, untreated persian turquoise. I usually keep it in frame on wall. Could sell the gold and keep turquoise for next to nothing. 20210615_214239.jpg

That's so pretty
im so happy you rescued it
Way too lovelly to be scrapped

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree with you. I think it is the only "GREEN" gem i can afford for 5ct+ . I really like those grass green peridot.

Me three :lol-2:
If they were pretty enough for Cleopatra...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results