shape
carat
color
clarity

Grazed my stone

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
I noticed yesterday that I have somehow grazed my stone. My heart sank when I saw it.
It's not cracked or have any lines coming from the mark on my stone, it's looks more like a graze. It's on one of the crown facets.

I did speak to someone online about it but they said I should just buy a new stone from them to put in it. Is there no way I could get the stone polished or should I just leave as is.

20220331_081046.jpg

20220331_081204.jpg

20220331_081259.jpg 20220331_081225.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgouse ring
How upsetting for you

I don't really know about these things but surely you won't have to buy a new stone
Hopefully it will polish out

some one will be along to recommend someone any moment now

where do you live ?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you feel it with your fingernail? Like roughness?
Have you checked the underneath of your diamond. It could be a bit of gunk caught up. Soak in water with a dab of liquid soap for a few hours then use a soft toothbrush to clean. Rinse in water and put aside safe place to dry.
Unfortunately any gem, including diamonds, can be accidentally chipped.

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
Can you feel it with your fingernail? Like roughness?
Have you checked the underneath of your diamond. It could be a bit of gunk caught up. Soak in water with a dab of liquid soap for a few hours then use a soft toothbrush to clean. Rinse in water and put aside safe place to dry.
Unfortunately any gem, including diamonds, can be accidentally chipped.

I feel roughness, I checked underneath and it seems clean from what I see. I don't think its a build up of gunk but will give anything a try.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Buy a new stone from us” wow way to get a customer. Your ring is beautiful and looks to have lived a wonderful life to date. I would have the diamond checked (not by that first jeweler) to be sure it is structurally sound and still safely contained in the bezel, then I’d keep wearing it with its little “scar of living,” as we all walk around with our own life scars. It’s part of our history.

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
“Buy a new stone from us” wow way to get a customer. Your ring is beautiful and looks to have lived a wonderful life to date. I would have the diamond checked (not by that first jeweler) to be sure it is structurally sound and still safely contained in the bezel, then I’d keep wearing it with its little “scar of living,” as we all walk around with our own life scars. It’s part of our history.

I know, that's what exactly what he said, come buy a replacement Stone from us as we have many!! Never gave me any other advice or options unfortunately. The little graze doesn't effect the way she sparkles, like a ball of fire outside.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock

I love this! And I love that we continue to sparkle, especially when we integrate all of our life experiences.

Old cuts capture living and I know that is why they enamor me so

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The little graze doesn't effect the way she sparkles, like a ball of fire outside.
Ya know.I would just keep wearing it and enjoying it.

That stone is exactly the right stone for that mount. Unfortunately diamonds can be chipped, nicked, scratched, grazed… But diamonds are billions of years old, the other way to look at it is that fate added a new chapter to this one’s story. ❤️

You can replace it later if you want to, or if the graze expands, or you start seeing less sparkle! Just keep it as clean as you can, the unpolished portion will want to collect grub ::)

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Rings like this I try to use as a piece to wear and enjoy and to remind me that: things can be beautiful without being “perfect”. Life can be beautiful without being perfect! Now, what a nice reminder is that! Enjoy your ring, it looks great to me. (But I can relate to the pain and I’m a perfectionist so this train of thought is a real practice for me.)

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
Good thing you guys caught it so quick! Looks like somebody had already put a bid in and might have ended up falling for the scam.

Screenshot_20220401-093909_eBay.jpg

I phoned them , to explain what they were trying to do and prove to them that the ring is in my possession and not theres. They said that they would look into it & deal with it. Seems like they are in china???

Just checked, it's been taken down.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I phoned them , to explain what they were trying to do and prove to them that the ring is in my possession and not theres. They said that they would look into it & deal with it. Seems like they are in china???

Just checked, it's been taken down.

That’s so disturbing. Had you posted those pictures elsewhere, or do some spammers use this specific forum to harvest their bait?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results