shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandparents say the darndest things

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoyalawya

Rough_Rock
Something amusing happened this weekend. Mr. Hoyalawya and I flew down to FL to visit his parents, and we all dropped by his grandma''s. This was my first time meeting her. His aunt and uncle were also there. Picture a nice, warm and fuzzy living room scene--all the family sitting around the sectional sofa chatting. Grandma hasn''t said much to or about me at this point, other than "Mr. Hoyalawya, your g/f is adorable!" Then, completely out of the blue during a lull in the conversation, Grandma comes out with, "So when is the date? I wanna know if I''m going to be around!"

Backstory: We''ve been together for over 3 years and have been discussing marriage (or as I have taken to calling it, "negotiating the merger") for almost a year now. Mr. Hoyalawya set himself a proposal deadline of March 1, 2010, and although he told his parents about it, it is unclear whether or not they told Grandma. Either way, I''m glad to have her in my corner!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very funny.

Got to love older people who aren''t afraid to speak their minds. (especially when it is good for you)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results