shape
carat
color
clarity

Gown Shopping Round 2 (pics inside of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
So I went gown shopping again. I brought my MOH and I think there are three gowns from this trip that are definite contenders. Of course I want honest feedback. What looked good to me in the store may not translate well in photos. Thanks in advance!

Okay. I can''t remember who any of the designers are! I know I tried on a few Maggie Sottero''s and then maybe some unknowns. Sorry! Enough with the chatter and on with the pictures!

Here''s the first one. It really wasn''t pink. It''s the lighting in the store that does that. The gal in the store stuck a pin in the front to make it a modified sweetheart neckline.

gownpicforpscope1.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the stupid faces. I''ve got to work on hamming it up for the wedding! Second pic, same dress.

gownpicforpscope2.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
This gown is actually two dresses in one. It''s a sparkly little dress for the reception that you cover up with a skirt and a sash. The skirt had pockets which I thought was awesome! But I realized I''d start slouching every time I put my hands in them!

Here''s a pic of it all put together.

gownpicforpscope3.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s a pic of it without the skirt. I love the idea but I don''t really think either way is particularly flattering on my body.

gownpicforpscope4.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the third dress. I call it my "Academy Awards Gown" because it felt more "red carpet" than wedding, but I totally loved it.

gownpicforpscope5.jpg

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Dress no.1 is the best on you!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture of dress #3.

gownpicforpscope6.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I''ll stop! One last picture of #3. This is the back of it.

And now I want opinions!!!

gowpicforpscope8.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, i just want to say that you are absolutely gorgeous! You really could pull off any of those lovely styles, but i ADORE #3 on you - it just makes your figure look fabulous. I get what you are saying about "red carpet," but honestly it looks very bridal to me and gives you such an incredible hour glass figure - #3 all the way!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
p.s. I agree with you on the detachable skirt - I love the idea of it, but I don''t think it''s doing as much for your figure as #3 or #1.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
#3 #3 #3!!!!!!

it made me say, "Oh My God!"

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
im tied with #1 which i LOVE....and the academy dress!!!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I stared and stared. I think #1 looks best on you, it''s just not my style. #2 just doesn''t seem quite right. #3 is nice but I feel the skirt cuts away too low and the skirt looks a little plain for the beautiful ruching on the top. Just my opinion.
1.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You look gorgeous in both #1 and #3! #1 is very princess-like, where #3 is a bit more modern and streamlined. I think it just comes down to what your style is because I don''t think you can go wrong with either!

I do like the short version of #2, but I''m not sure with the skirt that it is most flattering. Neat idea though!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i think #3 looks the best on you! i love the look of it!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Wow! #3 looks fabulous on you. #1 is my second choice, and as functional as #2 is, you are right, it doesn''t flatter you like the other two do.

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Wow! You are going to look like a movie star regardless! I love #1 and #3 and cant really decide.
30.gif

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I love number 1 on you! Number 3 is great, too!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo....I just went back and looked at your august thread. I noticed you had favored the "Brazil" Enzoani from your last trip...how do you think these compared?

After looking at the old thread and the new one, i still vote #3 from this thread overall - it''s gorgeous!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 1 from this trip and the Beijing from the first trip. I''m no help...

You are stunning in all of the gowns, btw.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
#3 is amazing, but I think I like #1 best.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I really think #3 looks best on you, but #1 is lovely too. I think with a strand of perils and a veil with some lace trim, the dress would look very bridal.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m torn between 1 and 3. I guess it really depends on the look you''re going for. If you''re going to have a really formal wedding, then #3 works wonderfully, but if you''re going for a more casual and fun dress look (I know that sounds weird, lol!), then #1.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for #1! it looks so wedding-ish. the #3 is beautiful too but the design/style is, IMHO, too common and can pass as an evening gown.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love #3 it''s way glamorous! #1 is totally romantic, so I guess it''s whatever look you''re going for.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3 - the fit is beautiful and glam. It''s white, so to me it definitely says "bride"!

I''m not sure if the detail in #1 photographs as well as I want it to.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 9:02:07 PM
Author: violet3
OK, i just want to say that you are absolutely gorgeous! You really could pull off any of those lovely styles, but i ADORE #3 on you - it just makes your figure look fabulous. I get what you are saying about ''red carpet,'' but honestly it looks very bridal to me and gives you such an incredible hour glass figure - #3 all the way!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
ditto to everything she said! you are beautiful! and that dress is amazing on you!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I like #1. Both are a good shape on you but #1 is more bridal then #3 and also IMO abit more different and interesting.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
#1. Totally stunning!

Then #3!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
there''s no contender, it''s #1.

I think #3 is very typical and you''ll see that type at many other weddings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results