shape
carat
color
clarity

Got some nice studs for my birthday!

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Finally I can share some bling with you guys :love: .

I had been looking for small studs (about 0.25-0.30ctw) for quite a time now, thinking about what to get within my very small budget. I then tried on 0.50ctw 6-prong-studs at a jeweler and really liked the size on my ears as well as the style of the setting. Nevertheless I would have loved smaller, certified ones with a nice sparkle and decent quality just as I learned here on PS :wink2: .

But, as things never turn out the way you expect, BF surprised me with beautiful 1ctw 14K WG bezel studs for my 30th birthday last weekend :love: ! I was shocked about their size and still think that they are a little bit too big for daily wear. They're quite sparkly and I love them very much although the stones are not certified and it's not the style I originally opted for.

But I love the fact that BF (who doesn't really share my passion for jewelry :bigsmile: ) has spent a lot of time and thoughts picking this present- and I think he did good.

For now I just have one pic that I took with my phone, but I will take some more with my sister's DSLR this week.

Thanks for letting me share :wavey: !

_10890.jpg

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous - lucky, lucky girl.

By the way, half a carat studs are perfect for everyday wear - not too big/not too small. I'd say he did very well.

Enjoy!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW, SERIOUSLY GORGEOUS !!!! :love: :love: :love:

One CTW too BIG ?!?!?!?!
I would say it's the PERFECT size,
and to me, bezels make them a bit more casual in style,
PERFECT for everyday !!!

Wear them with pride, that BF did amazing !!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great surprise!

I'm sure they look great on!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Your boyfriend did a great job! Those are beautiful and the perfect size!

If there's one thing Pricescope has taught me, it's that diamonds shrink over time!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful! I suspect you'll get used to the size pretty quickly. :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 cttw is the PERFECT size! They look gorgeous! Happy Birthday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful and the perfect size!!! :appl: Just keep wearing them, you'll get used to them in no time!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
They look great!! What a great birthday present! :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday! and what a great gift. I think you'll get used to the size quicker than you think. ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you like to share ear shots? We would be happy to see them. :naughty:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They're just perfect! Enjoy!!

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I really appreciate it :) !

I'm wearing my sparklers every day and I think I'm slowly getting used to the size :bigsmile: . It's just that people around me have been asking if those are "real diamonds" and how I could wear them without constantly worrying about losing one of them.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take some proper photos with the DSLR but I have two more pics taken with my cell:

img_2345.jpg

img_2346.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings and perfect size! You have a fabulous boyfriend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful. Happy Birthday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kalliope|1381864031|3538179 said:
It's just that people around me have been asking if those are "real diamonds" and how I could wear them without constantly worrying about losing one of them.

Oh for heavens sake, people say such ridiculous things sometimes :rolleyes: Sounds to me as if a few people have been bitten by the green-eyed monster - how rude to ask if they're real, and yeah, you're the only person on the planet with the crazy idea of wearing diamond studs, puh-leeze - just ignore their comments and rock those earrings, which look awesome on you! You're making me want bezel settings for my earrings!

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys :)) ! I'm truly lucky to have such a fabulous and thoughtful BF :D.

junebug17,

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't offended by those comments (most of the women I know just aren't into diamond jewelry like I am :bigsmile: - so I'm really, really glad I can share my studs here where those beauties are appreciated :love: )- it just made me feel a little insecure. My mum and my sister both have lost an earring once before, so I totally unterstand the concerns. Fortunately I don't know what BF paid for my sparklers so I can't answer to those questions (which I don't necessarily consider to be rude, I also ask nicely if I really want to know about the cost of some something, whether it be some nice jewelry or something else :bigsmile: ).

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful and look great on you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results