shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my idealscope images, now I want your recommendation!

rjb20

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I finally received my idealscope images and a gemolosgist review back from JA, and I'm still split between the two of them. I'm going to be setting the diamond into this setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-white-gold-twisted-pave-halo-engagement-ring-item-41065 and with the side stones being G-H in color, I'm wondering what the colors will appear to look like (like if the E center stone will stand out more since it's a whiter color, or if it will stand out in a bad way). I want to make sure the ring looks absolutely perfect, and I want it to be as lively as possible. Any and all help is much appreciated. I'm so glad I found this website before I made any purchases!

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.73-carat-e-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-371339
371339 - .73 ct E-VS2 ($3,430): The gemologist states that this is a true E color diamond that faces up very white. It is brilliant and fiery with excellent light return and cut proportions and actually has the most life of the two. He also commented that the medium fluorescence does not negatively impact the light return or the overall look of the diamond.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.77-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-402274
402274 - .77 ct H-VS2 ($3,380): Being a true H color, this diamond faces up white but is visibly warmer when compared side-by-side to the E. Its brilliance and light return is very good, offering excellent fire and cut proportions. He mentioned that it does face up slightly larger than the E in the event that is important to your purchasing decision.

402274.jpg

371339.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Got my idealscope images, now I want your recommendation

Go for the E. You won't see any contrast. Melee stones perform very differently than larger stones. They out-white their color grade easily.

The E is gorgeous.

So is the H, but I'd rather have the E. Slight size difference isn't going to be apparent in a halo.

rjb20

Rough_Rock

Thanks Gypsy! Good to know that there won't be any contrast!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Actually I prefer the H. I think it looks better cut and it is larger. At this size, every bit helps! (I see the H is True Hearts and the other is not, so that does explain the better idealscope image.)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1424132744|3833613 said:
Actually I prefer the H. I think it looks better cut and it is larger. At this size, every bit helps! (I see the H is True Hearts and the other is not, so that does explain the better idealscope image.)
Agree with DS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results