shape
carat
color
clarity

Good toiletry bags?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a new toiletry bag...or I should say, a new way of organizing/bringing my:

Toiletries - the one I have now is by Modella and is all plastic and measures 11 x 7 x 3. It's a carry type, it doesn't hang. Sometimes creates problems when there's limited counter space.
Makeup brushes - I have a Sephora hard cylinder case - pretty bulky, but because it's hard, brushes would never get damaged and I can stand it up anywhere.
Makeup - I bring a medium (ETA it's actually kind of medium/large...) sized pouch with just the essentials.

DH thinks my toiletry bag is the biggest problem - that it can get kind of bulky and isn't easy to pack - so that it may be better to have 2 bags that can more easily be manipulated into a suitcase. I don't necessarily agree with him - I think maybe he doesn't understand that I need to bring more things than he does. And I don't know that I like the idea of having my toiletries divided into 2.

But...I'm trying to keep an open mind, maybe there is a better way.

Maybe it would be good to break up my toiletries into 2 bags (say, one for wet/in the shower stuff, the other for hair, etc.)

or

I need to find ONE bag that will help me bring all toiletries AND eliminate the at least 1 of the other 2 bags (the brush holder and makeup bag).

I looked at every brand imaginable - from the expensive like Victorinox, Swiss, to brands like Eagle Creek, REI, etc...I also saw Vera Bradley ones, but at almost $50 I don't see the difference except for the cute designs.

Out of the ones I looked at here are the ones I thought may most fit what I need.

...Out of these 3, which one do you like best and why? Or would you recommend something totally different?

1. Muji

I know many of you have raved about Muji before, so here's one I'm considering (I would get 2 of them): http://www.muji.us/store/nylon-hanging-travel-case.html

My concern with this one: coming from a toiletry bag that is entirely made of and encased in plastic with zippers, is spillage...I know things are standing upright, but what about when you lay it down for packing?

2. L.L. Bean

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/73882?catalog_id=TA&from=&parentCategory=507362&cat4=507361&attrValue_0=Nautical%20Blue%20Tropic%20Print

I feel like this is probably a good bag because it's really roomy but I can't get over the look of it...I don't really care for any of the colors or prints...

3. Ricardo

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/91131-ricardo-hanging-travel-toiletry-bag-black.html

This could probably be a good bag...not too excited about the looks of it but could do the trick.

Thanks!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't use any kind of toiletry bag like that for airline travel. I have small bottles for all the things I use-all my hair stuff-facial toner- and any liquids and that all goes in the TSA clear plastic bag. I use one that is from Flight 001, that I purchased on amazon. Then I have a small bag of make up. That is pretty much it. All of that gets put into a Lo & Sons OG bag.

If we are traveling by car, I have another larger bag that I bring larger sizes in but still not much more. I also bring a travel hair dryer that I fit in my OG bag, along with my wallet, phone, kindle, keys and IPAD, socks and a scarf. My travel handbag gets rolled up and put in my carry on.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one like the LLBean one for all my non-makeup stuff. I use a separate bag for my makeup and have a little travel brush kit in a rolly pouch and then a retractable kabuki brush. They're not the best brushes ever but they'll do. I also bring smaller stuff in that bag and have travel-sizes of multiple essentials. It's still two bags and can easily take up a quarter of my luggage if I'm just bringing a carryon buuuuuut I use a lot of stuff, so.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkle - I hardly ever travel with just a carry-on (I should learn to do this though!) so my toiletries, makeup, etc., always go in my luggage.

distracts - I should look into cheaper brushes for traveling so I don't have to bring that bulky cylinder - it's just so easy to grab it and go but it does take a lot of space - I had never even thought of doing this, but it's a great idea. I also keep my makeup totally separate from my toiletries. And I use a lot of stuff too...stuff I like to have with me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't use just one. I have a Sonia Kashuk Completely Organized Grande (ok more than one that I rotate) that holds my makeup, brush roll, mirror, hair clips, combs, sponges, etc. I also have aMakeupForever clear plastic zip (Sephoras have, or MUFE stores) that holds all my liquids and works for a carryon liquid "ziploc". I also have a large Truffle Zip pouch that holds things like pads, qtips, razor, glasses case, earplugs, and other assorted stuffs. My curling iron goes in it's own sleeve. All travel with me in my carryon. I don't use a hanging one anymore because I've got a "system" now. These plus my medicine ziploc and Spacepak for clothes...and I am good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results