shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Swarovski imitations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
(I''m a posting maniac today
31.gif
)

Is there something quite as sparkly and lovely as Swarovski brand crystals out there? I want my veil to have some sparkle to it without getting rhinestones that, reportedly, do not capture light in the same way. I am also looking for sparkly jewerly, too. I guess I have some sticker shock when I look at Swaroski branded things. Have any of you found something comparable but less costly?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swarovski beads are very cheap, you know. You can easily buy them and decorate your veil.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
So Happy...

IF you google swarovski crystals or swarovski rhinestones.. you will find many sites that sell them... I use M&J Trimming for mine... I can get about 100 crytal rhinestones for about 10 bucks... (or cheaper depending on color and finish).

My cousin used the HOT FIX rhinestones to glue rhinestones onto my other cousins veil and it was beautiful.. and very affordable, she said it was super easy to DIY!!

Hope that helps!!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 7:21:41 PM
Author: JulieN
Swarovski beads are very cheap, you know. You can easily buy them and decorate your veil.
Yeah, I saw these in Michaels last month but for some reason I assumed they must be total fakes and wouldn''t sparkle enough. They WERE so inexpensive and I think that''s what had me thinking they must be bad fakes. They did have the swan logo on the package tho......... So these are REAL? and how does one affix them to a viel? Is there a website or book I can get that''ll help me figure this out? (it''d have to be for complete NON diy people, tho......I am not crafty by nature lol)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if they have holes, you can sew, and if they don''t, you can glue.

the only reason why they sparkle like they do in the stores is because of the special lighting.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 7:28:08 PM
Author: Jaders731
So Happy...

IF you google swarovski crystals or swarovski rhinestones.. you will find many sites that sell them... I use M&J Trimming for mine... I can get about 100 crytal rhinestones for about 10 bucks... (or cheaper depending on color and finish).

My cousin used the HOT FIX rhinestones to glue rhinestones onto my other cousins veil and it was beautiful.. and very affordable, she said it was super easy to DIY!!

Hope that helps!!!
Oh wow! I just checked out the Hot Fix websites out there. I guess there''s a tool and everything with which to do this. Dang!! It looks easy to do. I wonder, do you know how they photographed? I''ve read on the Knot that if they don''t use light the "right" way, they can end up looking like dark spots when photographed. Our ceremony is outside and our reception is inside so I want them to be sparkley under many different kinds of light.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
As far as photography goes.. I''ve never seen them photograph poorly.. but I think it just depends on how much or how little you use... and also what size.

I can imagine if you use the monster rhinestones.. that it might photograph poorly.. but teeny tiny ones might not appear to look like a dark spot. rather than a shimmer... you know what I mean...

I know from my cousins wedding that it never ever looked like a dark spot.. but she used the teeniest rhinestone.. and used them all over.. kind of sporadically... it was beautiful.

Hope that helps!!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Jaders.....Of course, I can buy the Swarovski crystals with the gun thing and not have to worry a bit about it as apparently SCs play brilliantly with natural and unnatural light sources
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results