shape
carat
color
clarity

Good places to ask the question in Arizona?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valdo650

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I''m getting really close to getting the engagement ring. Now I''m thinking about ideas on places to ask the question. I do know that a private proposal would be the best idea. I was thinking of something like at a fountain, outdoors, or even in the air (hot air ballon, but I have a feeling she doesn''t like heights). Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone could point me to nice places in Arizona since I''m not very fimilar with the area.

Thank You,

Mark
9.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Is there a certain city you will be near or are you just looking for places in Arizona in general?

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Do you guys golf? If so - Scottsdale has got to be the loveliest course on the continent.

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
http://scottsdale.hyatt.com/property/imagedb/scott/scott_slide_lg_17.jpg

http://scottsdale.hyatt.com/property/imagedb/scott/scott_slide_lg_00.jpg

http://scottsdale.hyatt.com/property/imagedb/scott/scott_slide_lg_16.jpg

Those are pictures of the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch, Scottsdale Arizona.
Here is there website URL:
http://scottsdale.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Hope this is helpful!

Edited to add: Book 3 days this fall and save 25%
4.gif

Diamond Angel

Rough_Rock
how about...anywhere!
1.gif
i think guys worry more about this than we do. anyplace nice and quiet.

morgilla

Rough_Rock
I do have to agree with Diamond Angel on the "anywhere" part. Guys do tend to worry about the proposal quite a bit, but just think of it this way. They worry about it so much because of the love they have for us and they are trying to make it an even more special moment than it already will be.

I have lived in AZ for 3 years now and know of some really nice places here. Just need to know where in AZ you are near to see if I can make any suggestions for you.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
I lived in Arizona for 4 years. I can help with places around Tucson, Scottsdale and Sedona.

Throw us a map or something so we can help!
wavey.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I adore Sedona. It is a gorgeous place. You could find a nice place during sunset overlooking the red rocks.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Take in a dinner at the Heartline Cafe'. Or if you want a really neat experience, go to Fournos which is owned by a former attorney and his wife. It's a tiny place and very lively. you almost feel like you are sitting right in the middle of Demetrios' and Shirley's own kitchen.

piepiezzz

Rough_Rock
Lived in Arizona. The most romantic place, bar-none is Sedona. Most beautiful place on earth. Maybe you could take a pink jeep tour, out onto the redrock and hook something up with the company very special. Sunset is absolutely amazing against the redrock. Maybe you can have them drop you off up on a secluded, elevated rock and you could bring a backpack with blanket, sandwiches, wine, etc. Then have the Jeep tour pick you up couple hours later. They can get you to places that no one else can go.

Otherwise, South Mountain is nice or climb, Camelback, Squaw Peek, T-Bird Mntn, Have a picnic.

The suites at the Hyatt at Sedona are absolutely amazing.

Let me know if you want any further information.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
The Boulders resort has a dining room that instead of a wall of windows, it's just open and you can also sit out on the patio and it is beautiful. We ate their for dinner at sunset and it was simply breathtaking. We also sucked in a lot of breath when we got out bill.
eek.gif

But it was well worth it.
9.gif

The Boulders resort is in Scottsdale.

morgilla

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with Babs. The Boulders is an absolutely amazing place. In fact we are fortunate enough to have booked our wedding ceremony and the reception at the Boulders. Anyone in their right mind would fall in love with the place.

If you are looking for the same atmosphere as the Boulders, but would like to keep your wallet - you might like "Tonto". It is the restaurant at Rancho Manana (in Cave Creek, just a bit north of the Boulders) which has outdoor seating right on the golf course. And boy at sunset it has some great views.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Sedona is a beautiful place. If you are outdoorsy, you can hike/climb through the red rocks, or you can take a jeep tour. Most of the jeep tours carry 6 - 10 passengers, so I would think you would want to set up something private before hand if you went that route. There are many spots that would be very memorable for a proposal. If I remember correctly, L'Aberge (sp?) is a beautiful setting down on the creek.

valdo650

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

Sorry it's been a while since I replied. I've been doing a little bit of research myself and found a place called on the top of the rock restraurant in Tempe, Az. I haven't been to the place, but I heard it's a really nice place to eat. I also heard that I can get to south mountain park from Central and drive up to see the cityview from there. I can think I work up a plan with both these places.

Not sure when I'm going to be able to fit both in on the same day since my work has been having me fly out to differnet states every week for the last month. The hurricane gave me a break though because it's too dangerous to fly to the east coast. I'm planning on popping the question next week
1.gif
. I'm excited and thinking up ideas in my head.

Oh yeah, I live in Phoenix near Chandler. There are only two limitations on my plans:

- I can not travel to far (soon to be fiance would object to driving so far because of her obligations to her stutio work). Plus, she wouldn't be as surprised since she would figure it out because I'm a horrible lier
9.gif

- Can not be a multiple day event - she has school obligations, I have work obligations.

I'm trying to find a good place to go eat before I go to South Mountain Park. I want to propose at the mountain area where the city view is. The restraraunt would be the tease
1.gif
. I just need the restraruant to be close to the park.

morgilla

Rough_Rock
It's not a fancy place by any means, but there is a restaurant near the bottom of South Mountain called Rustlers Roost. It's a steakhouse, they have a band, small dance area, and a fairly nice view from the patio. If I think of anywhere else I will let you know.

benrocca

Rough_Rock

Congrats on your engagement! Man am I glad that I clicked on this forum link from my google search for proposal ideas in Arizona. My girlfriend and I are staying 3 days in Sedona Thanksgiving weekend. Did you have any good feedback with places to pop the question over there?

I hear that Sedona is the one of the most beautiful places in the country (if not the world) and anywere would be fine. However, if any natives could suggest a particular favorite trail that is not overexploited by tourists, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your input.

33.gif

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results