shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold v Whiteflash...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewRockHunter

Rough_Rock
ha ha, this is sad, but I just can''t decide what I want to do. I saw several references to GOG here, so I decided to check it out. I have been looking at rounds from WF''s ACA collection. While GOG doesn''t seem to have a "spectacular diamond" collection (such as the WF "ACA collection"), their diamonds seem to have several reports and magnified images. If you were looking for the best light return & sparkle- as we all are! Would you stick to the ACA selections from WF? I never plan to upgrade, so the upgrade policy is of no concern to me. The return policy is important, but I am confident that I can decide, during the 10-days that WF affords, whether the stone & setting are to my liking. I am finding that the ACA from WF carries a steeper price tag and has a smaller selection from which to choose. Unfortunately time is becoming an issue- so I want to get it right this time. WF seems to be a favorite amongst PSers, I guess there must be good reason for that.

I am looking at round stones 1.5-2.0c, with a budget of $25K. Obviously I can''t get a colorless, flawless stone. So I have been searching the F-G, VS1, VS2 stones. But like everyone else, I am looking for the best sparkle for my buck.
19.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would depend for me which vendor had the diamond I wanted or the setting, you can't go wrong with either! Lovely selections also, do you have a preference?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both companies are really great. I would just pick the best stone for you, regardless of which vendor it''s from.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 12:12:05 PM
Author: Lorelei
It would depend for me which vendor had the diamond I wanted or the setting, you can''t go wrong with either! Lovely selections also, do you have a preference?
Ditto Lorelei and Neatfreak, both companys have a great reputation and gorgeous stones!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You've picked 4 gorgeous stones. Any one of them would be a great choice. It's up to you to decide which specs you prefer; larger size, higher color, higher clarity. Both vendors are great and like everyone else has said, just go with the stone you like the most. Have you decided on the setting?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 1:45:35 PM
Author: swingirl
Wow! You''ve picked 4 gorgeous stones. Any one of them would be a great choice. It''s up to you to decide which specs you prefer; larger size, higher color, higher clarity. Both vendors are great and like everyone else has said, just go with the stone you like the most. Have you decided on the setting?
well said.
I would be happy with any of the 4.

NewRockHunter

Rough_Rock
I am leaning toward Whiteflash- I have just been browsing because I just put my BlueNile stone in the mail- so I am 10-15 days away from clearing that purchase off of my card so that I can make another online purchase... I don''t want to get pumped up about one particular stone and then have it not be available when my BN return clears. I like 2 settings from WF, still need to take a look at GOG''s settings. Thanks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 4:17:13 PM
Author: NewRockHunter
I am leaning toward Whiteflash- I have just been browsing because I just put my BlueNile stone in the mail- so I am 10-15 days away from clearing that purchase off of my card so that I can make another online purchase... I don''t want to get pumped up about one particular stone and then have it not be available when my BN return clears. I like 2 settings from WF, still need to take a look at GOG''s settings. Thanks.
By that time inventory will have changed at both WF and GOG.
Best bet is to look at settings now and wait until you are ready to buy to pick a diamond.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you be able to pay a decent deposit towards a stone that you like now. I don''t know if either vendor would allow that but its worth a try if you see something you like.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 4:26:34 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 11/20/2008 4:17:13 PM
Author: NewRockHunter
By that time inventory will have changed at both WF and GOG.
Best bet is to look at settings now and wait until you are ready to buy to pick a diamond.
Agreed. Especially with the holidays just around the corner, diamonds fly off the shelf!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 12:03:45 PM
Author:NewRockHunter
ha ha, this is sad, but I just can't decide what I want to do. I saw several references to GOG here, so I decided to check it out. I have been looking at rounds from WF's ACA collection. While GOG doesn't seem to have a 'spectacular diamond' collection (such as the WF 'ACA collection'), their diamonds seem to have several reports and magnified images. If you were looking for the best light return & sparkle- as we all are! Would you stick to the ACA selections from WF?
HUH? Most if not all of GOG's diamonds are AGS Ideal cuts or GIA Excellent. That's pretty spectacular. I have bought 2 diamonds from them and was extremely pleased with both.

If you're taking votes, I like that 1.7 from GOG!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Whiteflash often lets people put a deposit of 10-20% to hold the stone. However, it depends on how long you plan on holding it for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results