shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold - The Best Experience. Period.

bnasse9900

Rough_Rock
This review is (fashionably) late in writing, but I had to make sure I gave due credit. David and the crew at Good Old Gold were the most professional, patient, and courteous group I've ever worked with.

In August-October of 2016 (yes, three months. I told you they were patient with me...) I worked with David on selecting, customizing, and purchasing my fiancée's engagement ring (solitaire setting). I went back and counted, and we had 127 email exchanges. At no point did David make me feel rushed, or embarrassed with the endless questions I would ask him. His responses were always prompt and well informed. Most of the time, he'd even answer questions that I hadn't even asked, anticipating what I may ask next!

We started by talking about general requirements, eventually honing in on potential options based on budget. Once we narrowed the diamond search to a range of color, cut, and clarity, David chose six stones that he then made videos of and sent to me with commentary. He really understood that customers take a leap of faith when purchasing diamonds online, and he made every step to alleviate any concerns I may have had.

Once we selected the stone, we turned our attention to the setting. We landed on the Vatche U113, but there were a few customizations I wanted. David and team accommodated without question.

Once David received the final piece, he wasn't happy with the distance between the prongs, so he asked permission to take a few more days to make sure it was perfect. To the naked eye, no one would have ever noticed. But David's attention to detail again reinforced my belief that I was in the best of hands.

Pricing was more than competitive vs. other online retailers, and significantly better than brick and mortar stores. For comparison, the same ring would have been twice the price if I had purchased it from a store that also sold light blue boxes...

Payment process was pain-free (paid via bank wire).

Shipping was a breeze. The piece came with all of the proper documentation.

And finally, the payoff! It's been six months since the proposal (I told you this review was late), but my fiancée still receives countless compliments on her ring. And almost on a daily basis, I catch her looking at her ring and smiling. I'd like to think I have something to do with this, but David and Good Old Gold certainly played a big part too.

I'm a planner, down to the very last detail. You could spend as much time as I did researching retailers (months, literally...), or you could take my advice and work directly with Good Old Gold. You will absolutely not be disappointed.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, many many pics ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results