shape
carat
color
clarity

good golly goshenite!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited!!

Julia has just completed setting my goshie in a 18k palladium wg bezel style ring

I bought this 7.97ct Goshenite from Dan last year and it was the first princess Cindi had ever cut

it seems odd posting about a clear stone in the coloured forum - and a clear beryl ain't everyones cup of tea

but I like a quirky stone and this clear beryl has turned into a sassy RHR for me

JKT was excited about working on this project and has been great right from the start

now I just have to wait for it to arrive - promise to post ring pics when it gets here!!

9.gif

go goshie.jpg

snowc

Rough_Rock
Oh I love it! I love all things beryl. I would love one myself!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting stone! To my shame, this is the first time I am seeing a goshenite that is cut. Congratulations!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
thanks snowc
I will need to take care not to knock this one about (being a beryl and all) - but hopefully the double bezel will help protect the stone

hey there crasru
I don''t think many people work with clear beryl as there isn''t much calling for it - but I have seen Dan cut a few
in the end you are paying for cutting time over the actual stone value - I love Dan and Cindis work and am very happy with this stone

JKTs pics of the ring on her etsy site look awesome

2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really nice cutting on that stone! I''m one of those weirdos who enjoys clear stones - all the better to enjoy a precision cut! Nearly 8cts is pretty sizeable - can''t wait to see it!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone and I think it will look beautiful in the ring Julia designed.

I purchased a goshenite about a year ago from GemRite. The cutting is great, but felt weird about sharing it...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I can''t wait to see the ring.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
omieluv - I would like to see your Goshie - feel free to post a pic here
9.gif

Julia looks to have done a terrific job creating the ring I envisioned

here is the sketch I sent her and although I don''t have it on my hand yet - from her stunning pics I can see like a magician she has created exactly what I wanted

goshie bezel final.jpg

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
what a blast!!

Julia's done an awesome job for me - I love the dark hue of the palladium wg

here's a quick pic - have already managed to get finger prints all over the stone - as you can see

will clean it up and post better pics later

9.gif

prinnieone.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and I cannot wait to see more photos! JKT does such nice work :)

I have not taken photos of my goshie yet, but I do have a vendor picture. In the vendor photo, the stone seems to have a blue tint, but I cannot see it with my eyes. In person, the stone sparkles and is quite interesting. When I have a chance, I will use my new macro lens and snap off a few pictures, as the cut is very nice.

ETA: Stone purchased from GemRite

Goshenite 7.85x 7.85x 5.26mm.omie.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I''m a huge fan of the beveled bezel (for obvious reasons), and I love how this looks!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow-I love it! I like clear stones too! I went to check out her Etsy pics as well-she really did a kick ass job on it I would say!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
omieluv - your goshie does look blue in the vendor pic - I bet it looks clear but flashes white...??

thanks for sharing - I love seeing interesting stones like our clear beryls
9.gif

my goshie in Dan''s pic has the faintest ''warmth'' to it which I never really saw in the stone prior to being set

and now it is set in the wg it is very clear and flashy esp in the sun!!

LTP - yes like you I love a bezel
9.gif
and a double - well it''s just twice the fun!!

when the Tiffany bezet came out - I liked the top view but thought I could make it even better by going double

and the side view - well as I adore my platform ering and open bezel stud earrings - it was the only way to go!!

packrat - thanks for your kind words - yes Julia''s pics are so much better than any I have been able to snap

I am pretty sure she liked working on this one as she had never set a princess in a bezel before

(esp. when you look at how many pics she took for me!!)

I am very happy with the quality and so pleased I invested in the wg over argentium

Julia is working on a charm for my new argentium bangle too - but more about that later

31.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results