shape
carat
color
clarity

good decision?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
We found the perfect setting for my 20th anniversary upgrade. Here's the thing: it's an Eli Jewels platinum piece with a halo and pave AND it's 5600. I know that's a hunk of change for a setting. Whiteflash said they could do a similar piece in platinum for 3750!! That's a huge price difference! Eli is handmade and perfect (I've actually had this one on) but the price difference is a LOT. DH says "if this is going to be a piece of jewelry that will be in our family forever, buy the handmade Eli and be done with it. 2000 won't make a difference to your great-great-great granddaughter!"

Tell me it's worth the extra $ for the handmade piece that I love. DH is sure, but I'm not.... Oh- and we're still shopping for the center stone--another agonizing decision.

jdneal22

Rough_Rock
I would pay the extra money. I hear the people say diamond rings are not invetsments however, they are. they might not be monetary investment...but the are family investments. And if it is exactly what you want...you will eventually ponder every time you look at the ring (if you settle) and say, " man, I should have gotten the ring I wanted". If the budget isn''t too small and 5600 doesnt break the bank, GO FOR IT. After 20years...im sure you deserve it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were me, and hubby said ok, I''d probably go with the Eli. Not that WF does shoddy work, it''s just that I''d hate to see you try to save, only to always wonder if/wish you should have gotten the other... Just a thought!
2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the one that you have tried on and love. Loving a particlular piece as opposed to a general style might lead to disapopintment if you get it ''reproduced''. At the very least, you will have some nervous moments during the custom process. The WF piece will I''m sure be beautiful too, but there will be differences to the Eli piece (there would have to be, copyright says you can''t make an exact copy). So it depends if you would be okay with that, or disappointed.

If dh says go for it, and it won''t break the bank, then I would do the Eli.

My .02c.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a picture of the eli setting? It might help to tell whether a cast setting will get the look you are going for or whether you really need the hand work.

hanione

Rough_Rock
Yes, this ring will be a lovely family heirloom, but you''re not buying it for your great-great-great grandaughter--you''re buying it for you! This is YOUR ring for YOUR 20th anniversary. $2000 is small change compared to the total price, especially when you know you''ll love what you''re getting. Whiteflash might do a nice "similar" piece, but you love the one you saw and I think you should go for the Eli. Yay for you!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
WF is AWESOME, I absolutely love WF. But, I don''t think I''d chance a headache of trying to get a custom job just like you want it for $2,000........20 years is worth the extra $2,000. :)

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
I think I will buy the diamond online- probably from whiteflash. DH made a good point- you can upgrade your diamond, but you cannot upgrade the setting. (unless you change it completely). I can''t wait to get it and put up pictures.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 7:32:48 PM
Author: parkerj
I think I will buy the diamond online- probably from whiteflash. DH made a good point- you can upgrade your diamond, but you cannot upgrade the setting. (unless you change it completely). I can''t wait to get it and put up pictures.
36.gif
I take it this post means you''re getting the ELI?!

Please do post pics of the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results