shape
carat
color
clarity

Good consignor for Moissanites?

Hi all! Can anyone recommend a good consignor to work with for a high quality JYB Jewels Moissanite? I’ve posted in the PS Pre-loved forum and on LoupeTroop - but not getting much traction (several scam attempts though - that’s been fun!).

I reached out to JYB and she will not consign (stone was purchased in May 2021), so hoping you lovely people might be able to point me in the right direction :)

It’s a 10mm OEC if that helps you point me in the right direction.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you’re having trouble rehoming it. I wonder how well it’s priced. When I’ve sold moissanite, it takes quite a hit price wise. I do not know anyone who will consign Moissy, but there would definitely be a fee. Perhaps you can subtract that fee from your price and see if that helps it move.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't know of anyone who consigns moissy...you may want to consider posting it on etsy yourself. if it's in like new condition and less expensive than buying new, someone looking at JYB might go for it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It's easy to start an Etsy shop. It's twenty vets to list an item.

Yes, there are fees, but it reaches a big audience.

Diamond Bistro is better for moissanite.

It goes at a significant discount unfortunately.

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
I’m sorry you’re having trouble rehoming it. I wonder how well it’s priced. When I’ve sold moissanite, it takes quite a hit price wise. I do not know anyone who will consign Moissy, but there would definitely be a fee. Perhaps you can subtract that fee from your price and see if that helps it move.

Thanks for the response :) I paid $1,675 for it two months ago. How do you feel I should price it to move it? I had it set in a 14k White Gold solitaire setting (that was as additional cost above the stone), but stone/setting is still new as I decided I wanted something different (larger) after wearing just a few times.

Open to any suggestions! I had a buyer at the price I have listed now in the Preloved forum and LoupeTroop...but she keeps stringing me along and saying she will pay each day, but doesn't and at this point, I'm exhausted by her. It's literally been going on for weeks and asking for video after video (all of which I've provided in minutes). I'm brand new to trying to re-home something like this...so open to any suggestions.

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
i don't know of anyone who consigns moissy...you may want to consider posting it on etsy yourself. if it's in like new condition and less expensive than buying new, someone looking at JYB might go for it.

Yes I tried Etsy...I honestly think I'm new and just not doing it correctly, though. But I'll try to get better pics and see if that helps! Thank you :)

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
It's easy to start an Etsy shop. It's twenty vets to list an item.

Yes, there are fees, but it reaches a big audience.

Diamond Bistro is better for moissanite.

It goes at a significant discount unfortunately.

Thanks! I haven't used Diamond Bistro...I'll try that. How much should I discount it? The stone was $1,675 and the setting was $350. 14k White Gold setting and 10mm OEC cut moissy.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
On something that is diamond, I start at at least 25 %, sometimes up to 30% off. And that's for a diamond. The other problem is the longer it sits, for some reason people think the less desirable it is and the more likely you are to get very low offers.

I think it's better to price it at a price to move rather than letting it sit to avoid those low ball offers.

My guess is that you probably are going to end up taking a bath of about 50%.

That's what I typically see with moissanite. It doesn't hold value well at all. It's pretty, but doesn't retain value.

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
On something that is diamond, I start at at least 25 %, sometimes up to 30% off. And that's for a diamond. The other problem is the longer it sits, for some reason people think the less desirable it is and the more likely you are to get very low offers.

I think it's better to price it at a price to move rather than letting it sit to avoid those low ball offers.

My guess is that you probably are going to end up taking a bath of about 50%.

That's what I typically see with moissanite. It doesn't hold value well at all. It's pretty, but doesn't retain value.

Thanks! I have it listed at about 50% off now (after I factor in shipping/insurance to the buyer)...so hopefully that will help.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I have it listed at about 50% off now (after I factor in shipping/insurance to the buyer)...so hopefully that will help.

that's a hefty discount, seems like someone should snap it up. if you post it on etsy, you could try adding 10% to cover your fees, you can always discount it later if you need to. i think etsy listings also allow you to include video which may help. good luck!

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I would just tell folks the price is firm with that discount fwiw.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think that it’s harder to sell a 10mm stone rather than an 8ish. Some won’t want to go that large.
Is that your listing I see on LT for $1500?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless things have changed from when I had a shop, to sell on Etsy it either needs to be

Antique or vintage min 20yrs
Items handmade by you
Craft supplies

So I think LT/DB will be your best bet. It’s a larger stone so it might take a bit to find a buyer. Very pretty though, I admit to zooming in when you listed it to admire :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless things have changed from when I had a shop, to sell on Etsy it either needs to be

Antique or vintage min 20yrs
Items handmade by you
Craft supplies

So I think LT/DB will be your best bet. It’s a larger stone so it might take a bit to find a buyer. Very pretty though, I admit to zooming in when you listed it to admire :)

i forgot about that...the items i've sold on there were vintage or handmade. a lot of people seem to ignore those rules these days though or maybe they have changed. there's always ebay too-- smaller price point but i did sell a watch on ebay last year that didn't get traction on other niche sites.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i forgot about that...the items i've sold on there were vintage or handmade. a lot of people seem to ignore those rules these days though or maybe they have changed. there's always ebay too-- smaller price point but i did sell a watch on ebay last year that didn't get traction on other niche sites.

Right, that’s a problem with Etsy is that there really isn’t a lot of enforcement. So it ends up being a hodgepodge at times, it’s too bad because it can be a really great marketplace.

shellyisa

Rough_Rock
I also think that it’s harder to sell a 10mm stone rather than an 8ish. Some won’t want to go that large.
Is that your listing I see on LT for $1500?

Yep that listing is mine :)
Annnnnd good news - it actually sold late last night! So this thread must have given me some good luck. Thanks everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results