shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden South Sea Pearls – September Sale at PP

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
yingh you're looking lovely with your new golden necklace.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, it may be October now, but hopefully its not too late to join the golden adventures!

For a while I'd been considering trying to find a pair of golden drops for an earring gift. When the PP sale rolled around, I figured it was a good time to check out what they had in stock. After lots of emails and photos (and patience with all my questions!) it seemed like we'd found a frontrunner.

But then folks came back from the HK show, so I inquired if any new pairs that might have been a match came back. After some sorting and matching, out came one more pair that was appealing. I couldn't really tell which one I preferred from the photos, so I ordered both pairs, undrilled, with the intent to return my 2nd choice.

Well, they arrived the other day, and they're a ton of fun to stare at and walk around to different light. Its going to be a tough choice, as seeing both in person I still love them both! At least there isn't a wrong answer :)

The left pair is 10-11mm, 22k, with a golden overtone. The pair on the right is 11-12mm, also 22k, and is fairly golden with a touch of orange. I think the 11-12mm pair might be a hair darker in body color as well.

Decisions decisions!

_34976.jpg

_34977.jpg

_34978.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the larger ones best in terms of size and shape. The colour is not that different between the two, and although the smaller ones have maybe an edge on luster, for that small of a difference between the two, I would prioritize shape and size. I think they will make spectacular earrings!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I like the larger drops, too. But I'm all about large drop pearl earrings, so I'm biased.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
cmd2014 and BWeaves -

I think we're having similar reactions. The larger pair is calling to me a bit louder than the smaller pair. I'm really liking the shape on that pair. That seems to be outweighing the better lustre on the smaller pair.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Well my 41st anniversary is Monday so my pearls arrived from Pearl Paradise yesterday.
This is the vendor photo and my dark golden AAA south sea pearl earrings purchased from Pearl Paradise in the past I was attempting to match.

_35481.jpg

_35482.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
9-11.6 AA+-AAA drop Golden south sea strand.

image2__2_0.jpg

image1__9_.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Now for the thoughts on the strand.

I have been hearing about how much 4ranchgirl loved her strand and had to keep mine safely at PP as not to open them early. NO self control.

DH was home when the package arrived yesterday and we both gasped when I opened the box and saw just how spectacular these pearls were in person. DH's first words were HOW MUCH DID I SPEND ON THAT SRAND? When I told him he couldn't believe I could buy them for that price. He held them in his and and said, those are Exceptional quality Golden pearls don't you think? He then turned around to do something else and I put the strand around his neck and latched it closed. He turned around surprised that he was wearing my strand and I asked him to step outside in to the subdued afternoon light so I could look at them on a person. They just glowed on his skin. I was happy he was such a good sport and then after getting a good look took them off and put them on me. I am thrilled with the strand and this is just what I was hoping for. NL

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I would say they are really well matched. That is one delicious combo.
:love: :love: :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You got a great golden strand, NL. Happy Anniversary to you both. I bet you will be wearing that beauty a lot.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What a wonderful gift and happy anniversary to you and your DH!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning NL!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies, I am a very happy pearl girl.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular, NL! :love: :love: :love:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

I'm late to the party, but wanted to share. I bought a GSS strand from PP a few years ago (inspired by this thread actually!) Attached are a few pics. Sorry the neck shot is terrible, I hate selfies.

According to PP, this is a 9.0-11.2 mm AA+/AAA 24K button strand. I also tried an oval strand at the time, but felt this one looked more round on me.

The clasp is is 14K YG with a small diamond stripe. By my eye, the pearl overtones are a mix of green, a few pink and some gold/neutral.

I also have matching 9mm round studs (not shown), which I got from a different vendor.

I love the color of golden south seas. And Tahitians of course. lol

Thanks for letting me share!

Anne

GSS_strand.jpg

GSS_on_neck.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shapes, the color and size are all very pleasing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results