shape
carat
color
clarity

gold mountings/castings for loose diamond collections

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelfever

Rough_Rock
Can anyone in the jewelry trade tell me which company sells one of kind pendant and earring mountings? I know a few like stuller, rio grande, adwar...... They run out of style I like. I am looking for companies that cast unique or antique style mountings, not just mass produced three-stones, circles, hearts, journeys....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not in the jewelry trade but it sounds like you want something custom?? many jewelers will custom make something for you based on pictures or idea''s you''ve put together and then they can create a one of a kind piece just for you.

jewelfever

Rough_Rock
Custom work is too expensive and I am a bad designer. I am sure someone in the jewelry trade can tell me companies which provide catalogs for unique castings.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you might try posting your question in rocky talky where the trade folks will see it. Or why not call a couple of vendors and see what they tell you? most of the time though unique=$$$ if it's mass produced which loweres the cost then it's not very unique right??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are some antique repro companies that would have these. Try Fay Cullen. I know I saw antique stud settings there or somewhere similar.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
one off, one of a kind, unique = custom in my book...
emotion-18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 5:30:45 PM
Author: DiamondExpert
emotion-18.gif

hehe, this is what I was trying to say..

jewelfever

Rough_Rock
I just checked Fay Cullen. They only have a few ring mountings. You are pointing at the right direction. Can anyone suggest more antique repro companies where I can order mountings/ raw castings?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/1/2006 5:30:45 PM
Author: DiamondExpert
emotion-18.gif
I''m with Gary. Maybe we just don''t understand what you''re looking for. There are some companies, like the ones you listed, that have pretty big lines and that will have products that you probably don''t recognize as being currently popular but if you really want one of a kind items, how is that different from custom?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

jewelfever

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the confusion. I am new to the jewelry business. I have ordered from 4 casting companies and made more than 20 pendant and earrings with my loose diamonds. Some of them are currently popular, some of them are antique style. Now I still have many diamonds left and I can not find any more mountings that I like from these companies. If anyone in the trade knows jewelry manufacturers that sell unique settings, not neccessary one of kind, please let me know. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results