shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold Jewelry with "Diamond Finish"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the term "diamond finish" is applied to a piece of gold jewelry, what does it mean? Are there diamond particles somehow imbedded in the gold? Is the gold blasted or cut in such a way that it appears to glisten "like a diamond"?

I actually tried to research this on the 'net myself, but found I was reading about the use of diamond finish in industrial processes.

Anyone who responds: thank you for your time! :).

Deborah

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm, that''s a good question. I know when they say a piece is diamond cut what they mean but diamond finish, no clue.
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what size this photo will come out, but I thought I would try to post an example of what I meant by, "diamond finish".

ringwithdiamondfinish.jpeg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok the top left is what I know as diamond cut, that means they make little cuts into the gold to give that extra sparkley diamond finish. Does that make any sense????

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2005 7:37:22 PM
Author: kaleigh
Ok the top left is what I know as diamond cut, that means they make little cuts into the gold to give that extra sparkley diamond finish. Does that make any sense????

Yes. Thank you, Lisa. On a vintage jewelry website I also read that the jacket worn by a frog on a pin was made of textured metal known as a metal with a "diamond finish". So I guess that's that...except for an answer to, "How is it (the finishing) done?"

Deb

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have a special tool which just cuts into the gold and makes different cuts, some designers use bigger cuts some use little cuts depending on what the desired look is that they are going for. It''s an electric tool, but have no clue what the name of it is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results