shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold Dress, What color shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought this dress for a wedding and I''m stumped on what color shoes to wear with this. Would gold be too matchy matchy? And should I be looking for pumps, strappy sandals or what? Argh.
33.gif

Golddress.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Gold might be a bit too matchy and hard to find an exact shade so how about bronze or brown strappy heels? Will look out for possibilities......

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I think strappy would look great. What about something like this?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all, LOVE the dress.

For shoes, something strappy would be great, but yes gold will be overkill.

A pinkish brown color would be great. Nothing too pepto pink or too pale. I''ll see what I can find something...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
oooh. lovely dress! I think that gold, even if strappy, might be a little too much metallic.

I'm thinking:

an animal print

a cute floral

my mom wore the floral shoes to my brother's wedding this month and it looked smashing with a solid color dress. really smashing.

ETA: i also like the idea of a rose/pink shoe!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 2:32:05 PM
Author: marvel
I think strappy would look great. What about something like this?
I''d have to see them together to be sure, but I really think these might.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback.
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty dress! I'd probably wear that with simple black slingbacks with a pointy toe and 3 inch heels. The metallic dress is very striking, so I'd keep the shoes solid and low-key. JMO!

ETA: oh, I'd probably carry it with a black clutch and accessorize with dangly and delicate onyx earrings.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a very muted gold, in a strappy shoe, would look great. A dark color will look too heavy and draw the eyes down. A monochrome look is elegant as long as the two colors do not compete or clash. I would avoid a bright or brassy gold.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 12:30:36 AM
Author: diamondfan
I think a very muted gold, in a strappy shoe, would look great. A dark color will look too heavy and draw the eyes down. A monochrome look is elegant as long as the two colors do not compete or clash. I would avoid a bright or brassy gold.
I agree a nice, matte gold shoe. Love the dress.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I was just in a wedding, and our Bridesmaid dresses were that exact gold color. Hereare the shoes that we wore. They matched perfectly, and I didn't think it was too matchy-matchy even with 10 of us up there in them. Even though they look a little scarey to walk in, they were pretty comfortable and easier to get around in than plain ole heels. Maybe they aren't sleek enough to go w/ your dress, but I think the color is pretty good for it.

Target Shoes

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
black peep toe pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results