shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold Charm Bracelets and Charms

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Leonid is certainly an excellent host! I asked and he created...within minutes!!!

I love gold charm bracelets. I have one and my ten year old daughter has one. I spend time looking for charms on the Internet and looking at vintage charm bracelets on ebay. (Often one can find a vintage charm bracelet laden with charms in 14 karat gold or a mixture of different qualities of gold that weighs up to 1/4 lb and sells for thousands of dollars. I love to look at those, imagining what it would be like to have a bracelet like that on my wrist!)

I am always on the lookout for charms, especially in 18 karat gold. I would also be interested in whether anyone has a source for 22 karat or 24 karat gold charms. The only ones I see are Asian ones in Asian designs...which wouldn''t blend in with my charm bracelet.

I am also interested in charms for foreign countries that are less typical than flat maps.

Does anyone else share my passion?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an example of the type of bracelet one can find on ebay. (How does one post the picture here as opposed to attaching one?)

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/vintagegoldcharmbracelet.jpeg

vintagegoldcharmbracelet.jpeg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
AGBF,

it didn't recognized "jpeg" extention but I'll fix it.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Have charm bracelets always been an "in" thing, or do they come and go, like bell bottoms
confused.gif

Just curious, because many moons ago (o.k., maybe only 10-15 years ago) my grandmother collected a beautiful assortment of the gold charms, and now they sit in her jewelry box.
Or is it a preferencial (sp?) thing
1.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
AGBF - I also LOVE charm bracelets. I started mine after my grandmother passed away and while going through her things was reminded how much I loved hearing about and looking at the bracelet she wore daily. Although her's was silver and I have chosen to do mine in gold it reminds me of her each time I wear it.

Did you happen to see this bracelet that sold last weekend?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2655374136&category=3836&rd=1

I am lucky to travel quite abit so I have collected 17 charms in the past 2.5 years.

I'm thinking of starting a new - old bracelet and collect the really unique moveable vintage charms that I come across while ebaying or antiquing.

My daughter (10) also has started a bracelet, it's a fun reminder of trips and MUCH better than something she would grow bored with. Hopefully she'll keep and continue the collecting long after leaving home. For this first one she has mainly 9K & 10K charms.

As my charms are 14 & 18K I can't help with you with a source for 22 or 24K.

Would love to see a picture of your bracelet - will try and get a picture of mine to post.

Justme

1_B.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had *not* seen this bracelet and I *love* the way it looks! My bracelet and my daughter's, having only new charms, are pretty boring, certainly not worth a photo yet! I would love to see your bracelet and that of *your* daughter, however! Please!

Deborah

read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results