shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG/Steven Kirsch cushion diamond halo e-ring! David Atlas

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock
Hello

A few of you may have read some of my other threads. I am a UK lady that was enamoured by the lovely halos I saw on this site.

In my search I:

- Tried the DeBeers Aura but did not like it

- Tried the Tiffany Soleste, it was beautiful but I did not think it suited me as it sat quite high on my finger and I did not want a split shank or cathedral type setting

- I asked for a price for the HW but for a 1 ct it was around £20k!

After months of reading on Pricescope I contacted VC, SK, MH and ERD. VC was the most expensive and SK, MH and ERD were all similar for my particular ring.

For the stone I looked at ERD but did not like how the website did not provide reports/pictures etc and when I requested through the site I never received anything.

So I went to GOG and was very very happy with their service and willingness to communicate by email and very promptly too! Here is my diamond http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3OnxMh-Hg It is the 1.04 ct one.

GOG shipped my stone to David Atlas for appraisal. This guy offered some of the best customer service I have encountered and I can only thank the PS ladies who suggested him. Shipping the stone out of state saved me NYC state tax. When David was finished he shipped it to SK.

The setting has 1.5mm stones in the shank to give total of 1.8mm and 1.4mm stones in the halo to give total of 1.7mm. H/I colour melee in the setting! SK had suggested slightly thinner band and stones in the bank and halo, but I am so happy I went slightly bigger as it is still impossibly delicate to me but I think any smaller would have been too thin for me, especially as in the UK halos and rings seem to be a lot thicker/chunkier and I have never seen super thin bands like I have on PS. So for me I think the perfect balance was achieved!

Anyway I have posted photos, I know when I was looking I could not get enough photos so hope you don't mind!

dsc_0357.jpg

dsc_0358.jpg

dsc_0359.jpg

dsc_0360.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: GOG/Steven Kirsch cushion diamond halo e-ring! David Atl

Gorgeous ring and equally gorgeous hands!!!

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

Thank you!!!!!!! I forgot to add the ring is a size 4 3/4 for reference. In winter, which is pretty much now in the UK lol, I would probably be more like a 4.5 but I wanted to leave a little room for when my fingers are bigger. It spins a little at the moment but I don't mind that! I had the squeezed sausage finger thing!!!!! :)

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

some more pics!

img_0022.jpg

img_0023.jpg

img_0027.jpg

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

Fashionbabee,I have been waiting to see this!! It's gorgeous and looks fab on your hand :love: :love:
Sorry for going off topic a bit but can I ask how long delivery took. Steven is making mine at the moment and I'm in Ireland so guessing there will be a similar time frame.
Thanks Scarlett

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

It is gorgeous, enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful fashionbabee! :love: And I am so jealous of your lovely hands and small finger size! Your ring looks amazing on you and may you wear in health and happiness! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Very beautiful and it looks lovely on your hand!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very beautiful! I really enjoy the larger melee stones, I don't like it when they are soooo small that they hardly sparkle.

Well done and enjoy!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring! Your center stone sparkles so much and the setting is so beautifully made. The ring is besutiful on your slender hand and I like the larger melee!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks perfect on your pretty hands!!! Love it! :love:

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

Thank you ladies for your kind words! I know I am lucky to have relatively slim fingers as it gives more of that all important finger coverage...more bang for less buck!

I agonised over the melee, because its really hard to visualise from picutres and reading and there was no comparable ring I could look at IRL here! I trawled PS but a lot of PS ladies with my size stone in a halo did not give full details of the melee sizes and the band/halo widths that I was desperately seeking. I knew from reading about what VC said about minimum band widths of 1.8 needed for durability that I, personally, did not want a superthin band....so I knew what I didn't want but it was hard to then decide what exactly I did want!

I did see a ring like mine on YouTube by Simone&Son which used the next size up of melee on the band and halo (1.5 and 1.6) and I was considering that initially. I even approached Simone&Son for a quotation (which was a little more than SK!) and thought their work was beautiful on Youtube and a PS'r on here advised me she knew the bench person and the work was fab - but I did not/could not take it any further as they would not ship to the UK!

Anyway, I showed the ring to SK and spoke to him to let him know that, while I wanted larger melee and a wider shank than he suggested (1.6mm), I wanted to balance this with retaining the delicate nature of the piece! Having tried on the DeBeers Aura with a shank width of 2.2mm I knew that I wanted a minimum of 1.8 mm on the shank for durability as even the 2.2 mm felt delicate to me, so then this is what we came up with!

I was so relieved when I got it because, you cannot perhaps see from the photos, but in real life there is a nice balance of the melee blending really well into the centre stone which I like but also still obvious its a halo if that makes sense!!

A few ladies had urged not to go any bigger with the melee, and I think even indicated to stay with the smaller ones SK suggested, as going bigger could result in a cluster ring look. However, I am happy to report that, in my opinion, it is not like that at all which is fab as I wanted slightly bigger for more sparkle as Asscherhalo echos!

I am sure as every PS'r would say photos just do not convey the sparkle this thing has in real life! When I went into work a girl seen it from meters away and came over to investigate before I could even advise on my engagement lol!!!!!!!!! Perhaps that, and the fact that for the UK I think my ring is relatively large and also I have never seen this type of ring in the UK either (and believe me I searched!).

Scarlett1 it took around 5 weeks for SK to make it, it then had to go through customs, I was able to move it along as I kept phoning and then paid the VAT etc over the phone rather than waiting for them to write to me (which is usually what they do) so it got to UK on the Thursday and I got it delivered by the Tuesday which was fab! :twirl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hi fashionbabe,

Absolutely gorgeous and great pix!!! SK and us work together like a well oiled machine so more than anything we are all happy that you are happy. Congratulations! :love:

Kind regards,
Rhino

kate12345

Rough_Rock

It's beautiful! Congrats!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

what a beauty, thanks for sharing! :love: :love: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful ring!!! The halo stones look perfect and it's nice to see a gorgeous modern cushion :love:
It must sparkle like crazy IRL! Congratulations!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Looks AMAZING, love that you had a trifecta working for you! I hope to see a matching SK band in the near future!

himni

Shiny_Rock

love it! You have beautiful hands :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perfection!! And you have the neatest nails I've ever soon!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks fashionbabee and congratulations again on your beautiful ring

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

The stone is fantastic, but nothing in comparison to the whole package! The stone, the setting, your tiny little fingers. Ahhhh. :love:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock

It's stunning and I'm glad you got exactly what you wanted. It looks incredibly delicate and perfectly proportioned.

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

Aw thank you all, your lovely lovely comments - they have only added to the happy glow I already have!!!!!!!

I do think, after quite a lot of searching and angst of the tiny details, that it all came together! I also think that SK GOG and David did work well!

For example: I overpaid GOG slightly (because initially I paid international shipping and then didn't need it) but rather than have GOG refund me (overseas customer so would be a little more complicated) I asked GOG to provide the refund to David and they did so no problem (in the UK that just wouldn't happen)! That is pretty good customer service from my side and was just one of many small details that meant my path was as smooth as it could have been!

I was actually going to email GOG to thank them (have already emailed SK and I let David know several times by email at the time what a great experience he gave me) for their great service and for the beautiful stone, which btw David appraised and agreed was a particularly great cut, eye clean etc - which of course only made me feel very happy!

The cushion I got from them is much better than the all the others I tried here, which doesn't surprise me but is why I went through the extra hassle of ordering from abroad and the whole customs issue etc! I emailed several international diamond dealers (some recommended on here) in UK and abroad (from Australia to Antwerp!!!!!!!) as well as jewellers here and just did not feel they understood what I wanted or would not divulge there inventory by email (????) while at GOG it was all there ready and waiting!

Once, again thank you to all ladies who have commented here, and to those who helped me on my journey. As I said before there is no UK forum like this and I was super grateful to find this, it was invaluable for me and got me my dream ring!!!!!!! I was also pleasantly surprised to receive posts and help from US and UK ladies which helped me with issues such as NYC state tax/customs clearances/shipping etc, which I would never have known. Sometimes I got information on here that I could not even find on Google when I looked!!!!!!!

:appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful!! Steven't work is TDF!!! I'm so glad PS helped you find 3 vendors that brought this all together!

Congrats!

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock

Thank you, and when the time comes I will definitely get a matching wedding band! I have a donut on my ring as I don't mind the wedding band not sitting flush..I also asked for no diamonds on the donut so that there will be no rubbing with the wedding band which I hope to get in 3/4 eternity style! Wedding will probably be around 2 years though! Let FH recover from the ring!
:twirl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's stunning fashionbabee!!! Looks gorgeous on your equally gorgeous hands! So glad everything fell into place and it turned out exactly how you wanted. Enjoy it! :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty!

kathness

Shiny_Rock

congratulations!!! beautiful ring :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results