shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG Review from 3/1/2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala0306

Rough_Rock
Just got back from GOG. We met with Sarah who is John''s daughter. What she lacks in expertise (because she just started working with diamonds a few months ago), she definitely makes up in customer service. She spent at least 2.5 hours with me and my BF going through every type of comparison I could think of...she was patient, informative and really interested in meeting our needs. If you are looking for someone to take a lot of time with you and help you put all the "stats" in context, I highly recommend meeting with Sarah. John also came over and chatted a bit, it was a little like meeting a celebrity. :)

What I found really interesting is that I apparently have an acute sense of color and absolutely no ability to determine clarity! I couldn''t see any inclusions in the SI2 stone we saw when both my BF and Sarah picked them out almost immediately.

I had an F SI1 1.52 H&A Excellent cut on hold but after looking at the D & E colors, I decided to move to an E VS2 and have that on hold while I research D SI1''s. Anyone have a D SI1 out there and what do you think of the combo?

Again, ultimate praise for GOG, completely worth the six hour round trip!

Lala

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl glad you had fun on the GOG diamondship the next generation!
Staring Captain Jon and Ensign Sarah.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That''s great to hear!! I have to say that I''m not too surprised at her expertise, having grown up wiith Jon who has an encyclopaedic knowledge of diamonds. I''m sure he wouldn''t let Sarah help customers until she was well versed in the subject.
36.gif

Kudos to Sarah and Jon
35.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
glad to hear about your positive experience with GOG.

it''s a good thing you have no sensitivity with clairty because if you did with the combo of sensitivity to color...it''ll be a rough ride for your pocketbook!
22.gif

i have the exact oposite as you, i am sensitive to clarity but not color. hehehe

welcome to PS btw!
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you had a nice visit! GOG is a family business and it is good to hear his daughter is working there, too!

I''d stick with the E VS2. I don''t think you can see the difference between D and E. But I''d rather have VS2 than SI1 if you''re going with colorless.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
My ideal combo would be D/ SI1. I perceive color very easily, and like the fact that D is "perfect" color ....I know there is no such thing as perfect color, but if there was, it would be D
1.gif
I find most SI1''s perfectly accetable, and like to put money into "visual" things. Upgrading to VS will not get that visual difference, so it is not for me- unless money was no object. I think you will peoples preferences will vary, but it all comes down to how you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results