shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG 1.7 F VS2 Asscher (video and ASET)

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers,

First, I just want to say I am a long time lurker of this awesome community! I'm excited to finally be able to pose my own question in Rockytalky :D!

Do you guys think this little lady's a keeper?

I am currently working with David from GOG to source a 1.7+, F/G, eye clean Asscher. Initially we had some duds but this latest acquisition is a contender. The diamond looks great for the most part but I'm a little concerned about the center being a little bit "dead" due to what appears to be some P3 issues.

- 1.7 F VS2 Asscher
- Length: 6.65
- Width: 6.61
- Table: 63%
- Crown: 13.9%
- Pavilion: 51%
- Total Depth: 67.7%

pic1_22.jpg
ltsc_1.jpg
aset_88.jpg
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9jATYMPBdg&feature=youtu.be

What do you guys think? Thank you so much for your help in advance!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert, just a fellow asscher owner. There is no perfect asscher. I did see the center light up, so it's not dead. I like the steps and it looks to me like it has good light return. I think it is a pretty stone. I kind of got the the point where it was: I can either have an asscher on my finger, or I can keep looking. I haven't checked the numbers yet.. just speaking of the stone after watching the video.

Does he have any comments about the lower left windmill? It looks a little off...(is that the p3 issue?)

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
whitewave|1479256767|4099070 said:
I am no expert, just a fellow asscher owner. There is no perfect asscher. I did see the center light up, so it's not dead. I like the steps and it looks to me like it has good light return. I think it is a pretty stone. I kind of got the the point where it was: I can either have an asscher on my finger, or I can keep looking. I haven't checked the numbers yet.. just speaking of the stone after watching the video.

Does he have any comments about the lower left windmill? It looks a little off...(is that the p3 issue?)

I felt the innermost facets didn't light up as much as I would have liked in half of the lighting conditions, but maybe I'm just being overly picky ;( . I absolutely agree there's no such thing as a perfect asscher although I wish there were :lol: .

David seemed really excited about this particular asscher but hasn't commented on the lower left windmill but hopefully he sends some more info tomorrow.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd have to see a video. But I am not excited. A good ASET unfortunately doesn't mean a good Ascher.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was disappointed that there was no commentary.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's bright but all the flashes are large and timed the same. So it's not going to lively. It's going to be light/then dark which gives you red in ASET and IS but little life.

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1479268646|4099148 said:
It's bright but all the flashes are large and timed the same. So it's not going to lively. It's going to be light/then dark which gives you red in ASET and IS but little life.

Thanks whitewave and gypsy! I'll keep looking

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe take a look at blue nile?

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
whitewave|1479271358|4099164 said:
Maybe take a look at blue nile?

Thanks for the suggestion whitewave but I prefer to have GOG source it. Looking for a optically stunning asscher is like looking for a needle in a haystack ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results